Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

batman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2004, 12:34 am

:twisted: Today I was at my parents house and my step father was behind me. He sudenly touched me on the back and my whole body started move. My hands whent up and down and my head shook violently.
I then shoutted don't touch me. He didn't say anything he just whent up stairs.Later my mom called me and told me I really freaked him out. I don't think he gets how much I hate to be touched like that. :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2004, 6:42 am

For me, the issue isn't so much being touched as it is how I'm being touched. I don't mind a pat on the back, a swipe of the face or a hug. But there were a couple of occasions where some dork woman thoght that they could teach me to do something buy guiding my hands. I hated that with a passion. :evil: One incident happened with one of my High School Teachers, and another incident happened on a Work Experience. I forgot to add that I also had a Wood Shop Teacher who did that to me when I was using a manual saw, and he didn't do that to anybody else in my class, until the one day that I pulled my hands away and told him very sternly that I like my Independence and that I did not appreciate being treated like a baby, just because I'm on the Autism Spectrum. :twisted:

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2004, 7:30 am

People grabbing me makes me very nervous. I don't tolerate it, and usually just jerk back or jump. It's an involuntary response.

My father, for reasons unknown to me, enjoys slapping me on the leg to emphasize his point when he gets excited. It's not a hard slap, but it does hurt a bit, and it's incredibly annoying. He also refuses to say "excuse me" when he wants me to move out of the way, and instead either pushes me or guides me by shoving me around. I really can't stand this, and I always turn around and yell at him.

Oh, he doesn't do it just to me, by the way, it's just an annoying habit he has with everyone.

Catffienated
Toucan
Toucan

25 Nov 2004, 2:45 pm

If people touch my back, my response is to jerk my elbow back. I once hit a 5 year old in the face! Ack!

JennieRichee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2004, 1:15 am

Yeah, the hand-guiding thing, I hate it.
My boss did that to me last week, and I completely tensed-up. He thought it was pretty funny. I do a pretty relaxed NT impersonation, when it comes to physical contact, most of the time. But when people take me by surprise...agh!
And being a chick makes things worse; people do not respect your personal space.

blondie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2004, 2:35 pm

Yeah I Hate The Hand Guiding To And Agree No Respect Of Females Personal
Space!! :|