Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 10:39 am

I abuse a satin black Les Paul studio... It's a much better guitar than I am a player. :wink:

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 10:51 am

GoonSquad wrote:
I abuse a satin black Les Paul studio... It's a much better guitar than I am a player. :wink:

Is that one of the 'Gothic Series' guitars from the beginning of the decade, or is it something more recent?

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:06 am

Fogman wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

Is that one of the 'Gothic Series' guitars from the beginning of the decade, or is it something more recent?

It's a bit older. I picked it up at a pawn shop a few years ago.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 1:42 pm

Fogman wrote:
CowboyFromHell wrote:
Actually it's an Icon.

Btw, is this economy having a lot to do with a guitar's price? I saw a Warwick Corvette for $599, I love Warwicks and to see one much less a Corvette in particular at that price range was shocking.

I'm actually not familiar with the Icons, and avoid Guitar Center and other similar companies like the blight that they actually are and buy used instruments.

I can understand. Hell, pretty much everything in there is used in some way or another. Doesn't really bother me, if the condition is fine. But the other night I did see a beautiful Sheraton II on which the neck was beginning to crack around the headstock; the tag indicated that it was new. Whether it might have been a new guitar or not, it's a shame when people don't take care of the guitars in the store.

Guitar Center does suck. But it's the only thing in my area. In the rare occasion I can get a ride across town to one, I love the smaller stores despite their lack of selection, especially in the big-name area. But they work hard to keep their customers, when my parents got me my Ibanez bass a few years back as a birthday gift, they cut down the price considerately since my stepdad had recently bought a drumset from them. But just friendlier people in general.

And as far as used instruments go, it's a shame they don't have a floor-model/stock option where you test out whats in the store and they grab yours from the backroom (although once an employee was nice enough to offer me a guitar nearly fresh off the truck to take home instead of my SG taken from the floor.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 10:11 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
Fogman wrote:
GoonSquad wrote:

It's a bit older. I picked it up at a pawn shop a few years ago.

It's a Gibson not an Epi but I got a great deal.... and I really am not worthy of the guitar! :(

JCC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2009, 1:00 pm

I play,

guitar (very seldom)
pedal steel guitar (30+ years)
organ/pinao (ocasionally)
bass (I use to a long time ago)

tried,
fiddle (not for me)
sax (not enough wind)
drums (couldn't get the bass/high hat thing going)
vocals (If you want to clear a room, give me a mike) :lol:

JC.

Netish
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jan 2010, 1:07 pm

Piano-since kindergarden
Recorder- since 1st grade
Clarinet- 4th and 5th grade
Harmonica- random
Guitar(electric and acoustic)- since junior (11th grade)
Xylophone- 3rd - 5th grade
Handbells and Tonechimes- since 8th grade
more...whenever I think of them

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2010, 1:18 pm

I want to play the ukulele.

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

AltoMoose
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jan 2010, 2:37 pm

Snazzlestick wrote:
I want to play the ukulele.

I am a professional musician and have been singing and playing instruments, pretty much, all of my life. It is what I do for a living.

I took up playing the ukulele last Christmas ( '08 ) and I just love it. I initially purchased an inexpensive Jumping Flea (soprano), but within about 2 weeks bought my first baritone, which I completely prefer. I just bought the very first electric bass uke by Kala. It is SO AWESOME!

Beware! They are addictive and it is commonplace to start purchasing more and more of them as you become a better player. There are local groups to play with all over the country. It's isn't unusual to own more than 5 very quickly. Many people have more than 10!

ENJOY!

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2010, 3:04 pm

I shall keep that in mind when I do buy one! :D

I like your av btw, I did one of those things myself.

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.