The one thing I dislike about anime movies coming to the US

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2009, 5:21 pm

When they release it to theaters it's on an inconvenent day like a Thursday on a school night. It doesn't guarantee we will see it, it just pisses us off!

But at least they come out on DVD a few months after its release (unlike the Gurren Lagann movie which has yet to come out on DVD in the US at this time).

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2009, 1:32 am

So because the first day it shows is on a day you can't see it you do not wish it to be shown in theUnited States even though one of the days that it will run in the weeks to months of it's viewing will be? Wow, I hope you never get to be able to prevent them from showing here

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2009, 2:57 pm

Eggman wrote:
So because the first day it shows is on a day you can't see it you do not wish it to be shown in theUnited States even though one of the days that it will run in the weeks to months of it's viewing will be? Wow, I hope you never get to be able to prevent them from showing here

No, I still want it to be in theaters though, Im just saying that sometimes that they sometimes do that one night event thing like Eureka Seven and don't extentend the showtimes for the weekend. But for me, if I can't make it to a anime movie that's out in English (in the theater) I just watch the Japanese version like everyone else and then wait until the English version is released on DVD.