Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 4:34 pm

wormsto wrote:
was demons soul that thing that was punishingly difficult and you turn into a soul when u die, and then it controls like zelda?

Yes it is. I wouldn't call it punishingly difficult though. It is rewardingly difficult. It's not half as difficult as game reviewers make it out to be. I think some people have just gotten used to how easy most games are these days.

starscream wrote:
only bad news with final fantasy 13, Leona Lewis will be voicing someone in the game and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse providing the game's opening theme, if the japanese release does not have either of the mentioned, i'd rather play in japanese then have to put up with that thing's singing otherwise i'm boycotting the game all together

That's a silly reason to boycott a game. Why don't you think Leona Lewis would do a good job of the theme song? Is it because she's a mainstream pop artist? You do realise that almost every previous Final Fantasy theme song has been sung by mainstream pop artists too, right?

I'd much rather a western English speaking singer do the theme song than get another completely incongruous Japanese (Suteki Da Ne) or overwrought Engrish (Eyes On Me) one. It never made sense to me that the music lyrics have never been localised that well in a game series that purports to be aimed at the US market.

Whatever Leona Lewis comes up with I'm sure it will far exceed the quality of the mediocre FFX-2 introduction song (Real Emotion) and the uber-bland Celine Dion-sounding theme song from FFXII (Kiss Me Goodbye).

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2009, 7:18 pm

I'm soooooooo stoked for this game. I have been since it was first announced, in like.... 2006? I've been waiting an eternity for this freaking game, it better be goddamn amazing.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Nov 2009, 7:31 pm

Starscream wrote:
only bad news with final fantasy 13, Leona Lewis will be voicing someone in the game and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse providing the game's opening theme, if the japanese release does not have either of the mentioned, i'd rather play in japanese then have to put up with that thing's singing otherwise i'm boycotting the game all together

Hikaru Utada (who's like the Britney Spears of Japan) does the music for the Kingdom Hearts games, and I personally think it fits very well.

And take a look at the KH cast:

Sora: Hailey Joel Osment (little boy from The Sixth Sense, AI, etc.)
Riku: David Gallagher (from 7th Heaven)
Kairi: Hayden Panettiere
Roxas: Jesse Mccartney
Aerith: Mandy Moore
Yuffie: Christy Carlson Romano
Namine: Brittany Snow
Sephiroth: Lance Bass

Chock full of American celebs. There's even more then I listed here. Did this make the game any worse? I don't think so. And as much as I can't stand Jesse Mccartney or Lance Bass (Lance Bass seriously?) I think they did a better job then many of the unknowns in say FFX. So, I wouldn't judge so quickly just because you don't like a certain pop star.

Last edited by Fidget on 16 Nov 2009, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 8:30 pm

Fidget wrote:

Hikaru Utada (who's like the Britney Spears of Japan) does the music for the Kingdom Hearts games, and I personally think it fits very well.

And take a look at the KH cast:

Sora: Hailey Joel Osment (little boy from The Sixth Sense, AI, etc.)
Riku: David Gallagher (from 7th Heaven)
Kairi: Hayden Panettiere
Roxas: Jesse Mccartney
Aerith: Mandy Moore
Yuffie: Christy Carlson Romano
Namine: Brittany Snow
Sephiroth: Lance Bass

Chock ful of American celebs. There's even more then I listed here. Did this make the game any worse? I don't thinks so. And as much as I can't stand Jesse Mccartney or Lance Bass (Lance Bass seriously?) I think they did a better job then many of the unknowns in say FFX. So, I wouldn't judge so quicklly just because you don't like a certain pop star.

personally for me i don't care about the person behind the character, i guess that's why i hardly complain about voice acting.

MADDuck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2009, 9:31 pm

I am REALLY psyched over FFXIII!! !
I saw the poorly ported FFXI, confused by FFXII, and really want to play FFXIII.

Afterall, 13 is a lucky number! ;)

SkittlesMcBingBing
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Nov 2009, 4:51 pm

I will probably check it out if/when I get an Xbox 360.

But I think the Wii and the PC will do me well for a long time, especially once Diablo 3 is released (there go the next five years of my life.)

Crap, maybe I should go buy NSMBW in a hurry so I don't miss it before Blizzard's chains of addiction reel me back in.

I believe I am cousin.