Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ottorocketforever
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Nov 2009, 6:01 pm

Sati wrote:
Laney2005 wrote:
I recently had a cat come running out of the woods in front of my house, leap into my arms and grab me around the neck in a hug. I am his human now.

It has always been this way with animals and me. They just like me, which is fine, because I like them.

Two of my cats came to be part of my family that way! Miso was a stray living on a college campus. A girl emailed me about her and said she'd come out to eat from the dumpster every night and cry, but she'd run from anyone who came near her. I came out the next night with some food and treats. The cat came out of some trees and I called to her "Hi Miso!". I sat down on the curb and put a treat down next to me. She came over, ate it, and then hopped in my lap and started purring. I came back with a carrier for her the next day and took her home, and she is now my very special baby girl.

Jareth also decided that he was going to join the family, forcibly! I was TNRing the local strays and ferals, and had an appointment for a cat who came every day at the same time to eat. But she must have sensed that it was vet day, because she wasn't there. I set the carrier down, and a very matted and sick looking cat I hadn't seen before came up on the porch, meowed at me, and walked right into it. He said, you're taking me instead! And so I did. I got him all fixed up (though he's blind in one eye and missing many teeth) and he is THE most lovable cat I've ever met. He gives hugs and likes to sit on my husband's shoulder. :D

That's about the sweetest story I have ever heard. :) My sister, who had a cat named Bailey, died about 8 years ago, from cancer. The very next day, it was during December, a stray, but beautiful calico went up to my sister's apartment door and started to paw on the door. She got her cleaned up, and named her Banks. Very pretty cat, but she will scratch you, because she always wants to play! :)

twychy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Nov 2009, 6:16 pm

i like cats better than dogs . cats are calmewr to have around mostly

Laney2005
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Nov 2009, 9:23 pm

HH wrote:
And small children. I've never understood this, but small children love the sight of me and want to come up to me, often breaking away from their parents to do so. If they run towards me, I usually go stand next to their parents, so that to get close to me they have to come back to their parents.

I get that, too! I once asked a friend if I have a giant sign over my head that can only be read by small children that says "Play With Me!". She told me that I do. I really like kids, too, though, particularly when they are small enough to want to be thrown around but big enough not to break. They like that I run in circles and spin around and around with them. Even children who are severely autistic (maybe they can sense me somehow?) and children with RAD adore me. I am a magnet for anything little and vulnerable; it's like they know that I'm not a threat. Just between the last post I made on this thread and this one I have found a little, tiny kitten on the side of the road.

monkbythesea
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2009, 5:01 am

I have a theory about that. I think cats have Asperger´s too. Just watch them.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 7:17 am

Weird. In the grocer store I get babies that
look and look at me then crack a wide grin,
some even laff, or it cood just be my Tigger
on my shirt.

When brother and me meet new people, it is
their kids that meet me, we end up playing
outside and I get out my toys and share
them with their kids and we all play.

The best of my friends are either 5 or 95,
not much around my outside age.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 5:21 am

Oi, little kids like me too, which can be fun but it is also EXHAUSTING!! !! o_o "COME PLAY WITH ME!! !" Errrm...okay. Anyway, apparently people with classic autism like me (there is a dude in the class that I aid in school that has pretty severe autism and is "non verbal"...but really isn't because he talks to me about pokemon... He has just never said anything to anyone else without it being echolalia. *shrugs*)as well. But...typically those that I meet that have DS don't like me very much...I dunno why. =(

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

29 Nov 2009, 5:52 am

I like cats alot, but probably becasue they'r cute, and dont have the same stupid look in their eyes as dogs (Dogs seem to be thinking "Yay... what can I do for you" or "I'm going to bite it"!) Whereas cats always seem to give everyone a "what are you doing NOW? you are obisouly an idiot" though cats do usually walk up to me and rub themselves oln my legs ect.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 6:01 am

I love cats and the cats at my parents place always seem to want to cuddle and sleep in my bed with me when Im visiting my parents over holidays.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

justMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2009, 9:35 am

Reggie did that to me most recently, we were picking up Bandit, cool little dog, when I walked in the door and Reggie was like "OMG FINALLY, DOOD, I BEEN WAITN FER YOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

Fat little black bombay who had a damaged pinky claw on his right front paw, I pushed him over and sat there grooming it gently and patiently til it started growing out useful again, I'm a momma cat by practice.

I'm a cat stuck in a human body by way of Asperger's. Actually had a few years in Louisville where I only referred to myself as a cat, I had completely lost all urge to socialize with people for a while.

Incidentally, I estimate I've had roughly 160 cats, mostly kittens. Lots of the "oh no, don't touch that cat, it'll claw you" *scoops em up and takes them to my room* "oh... or not" type things.

The usual "this cat hates everyone", five minutes later she's soaked the sleeve of my tshirt by nursing on me.

Reggie is yowling to come in... dweeb hollers to go outside just before it starts raining, realizes "HOLY CRAP MAN... CAN SOMEONE TURN THE RAIN OFF?" "NO?"... "HEY... CAN ANYONE DO THAT THING THAT MAKES THE DOOR NOT BE IN THE WAY?" "MROW?"... then sits and scarfs food while I dry him with a paper towel, purring sloppily.

Edit: after he got done eating, he walks up... I hear his boogery sinuses hrrnking a little.

Scoop him up, give him a hug... *poot*... ugh.

*rubs snot all over my chin stubble*

"THANX DOOD, I FEEL BETTAR"...

Least I'm more socially developed than he is. Fat little sweetheart, I can tell he's just immensely grateful he hasn't had to go back in a cage, and never will. Kittens shouldn't grow up in cages at animal shelters.