Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 1:40 am

http://www.awares.org/static_docs/about ... cSection=3

About Active But Odd, it is part of Lorna Wing's research in 1979. Her research and papers are studied and used widely amongst ASD professionals.

And if you do a search you will find many threads about ASD people's unusual reactions to pain, such as this one:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt43843.html

Taking a break.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 2:00 am

88BK wrote:
but that's not the dsm is it. i never said ASD kids don't also do this, i said it is less common in kids with AS than it is with kids with RAD.

Lol, no you specifically claimed that it was not common in Asperger Syndrome and not a characteristic of Asperger Syndrome.
Quote:

same with pain issues, i just said they were less common, never claimed they were non-existent in AS.

You claimed they were not common in Asperger Syndrome and not characteristic of Asperger Syndrome, and anyone who cares to confirm this can easily re read your original comments, including you.
Quote:
just in RAD they are more key symptoms where as in AS they are more minor 'tells'.

That they could be any kind of tells in respect of Asperger Syndrome is not consistent with your earlier comments. Is it safe to assume that this attempt to twist the meaning of your earlier comments is an indicator that you now accept these traits are common in Aspergers Syndrome and are characteristic of it?
Quote:
i give up. you have no interest in anything except being right, or making yourself feel intelligent.

I have already informed_you both of what my intent was and of my confidence in my ability to better know what my intent is. It is really not mine or anyone else’s fault if you feel a need to go giving opinions beyond the scope of your knowledge and cannot back down and admit you made an error when such conduct results in you being called out for your errors. There are many people who use WP for informational purposes and they should not be left mislead by your antics. I make no apology for offering clarification intended to prevent others being mislead by your counter factual claims.

Quote:
god i hope this forum has an ignore button!!

It does not, but buried somewhere in the “about WP” sub forum are instructions that allow firefox users to “work around” this, so if you are using firefox you might want to consider looking for that thread. If I recall correctly the thread actually has a title that asks if there is an ignore function.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 2:56 pm

Yes Graelwyn, your quite right in terms of how often females in the spectrum tend to go ignored and overlooked quite a great deal..Actually, I used to be very good friends with a nice lady many years back whom, just like me had AS though many people in the so-called field of psychology stated otherwise.So, my advice to you is to not give up one bit and press onwards as well, take great comfort in knowing whom you are as a person and not letting someone put you into some sort of symbolic box.. Well, my writings are not very good compared to others here though, I do hope this helps?

Gingerbiscuit
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Dec 2009, 3:40 pm

Hi Graelwyn, I have a history quite similar to you. I was abused as child in part because I was so gullible as a kid; I wasn't 'streetwise' and had a poor understanding of people. I also had anorexia nervosa and it was an obsession with counting calories, categorising foods, making lists.... all to obtain some control in my life - not because I wanted to be thin/look a certain way. My psychiatrist suggested I probably have an ASD after one-to-one therapy for 2 years. It makes a lot of sense. I don't have PTSD, a BPD or bipolar disorder but I do have OCD.

What you need to consider is whether a diagnosis would actually help you in life? What sort of help do you want, or do you just want to feel you understand yourself better?

Take care... :roll: