Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2009, 11:59 pm

I'm a college student who is looking for a part-time job. It seems that nothing fits a person with Asperger's. Any ideas on what type of job to look for?

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 1:16 am

I had several part-time jobs in college, all with problems. But one worked out fairly well. I was the night dispatcher for campus security. I sat alone in a quiet room, and when a call came in for security service, I simply used the campus security radio to contact an officer. That was it. Campus was generally quiet.

In grad school I had a similar job. I simply had to sit in an office and answer a phone that almost never rang. The reason I got that job was I'm bilingual (English/Japanese), so could answer the phone in two languages. I got paid cash for that job, which upon reflection may have involved something shady. Oh well.

If you've got strong skills resulting from a special interest, put those to work if possible.

blastoff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Nov 2009, 10:52 pm

I worked for awhile at the college library. I shelved books, or sorted books to put on the carts for other people to shelve. This was a nice quiet job that I could do by myself. I didn't have to interact with library patrons, and I got to put things in order. It was good.

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 2:44 am

I enjoyed my job when I worked in a video store. -MaS

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2009, 12:45 am

I always enjoyed retail because it helped me develop my social skills.

You can look for jobs through/at your school. Also, it's always good to ask your professors, especially ones in the department of your major, if they know of any openings.

You can try to sign up at some staffing firms/temp agencies. Companies love college students that come in as temps.