Page 5 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

JHenn wrote:
Sort of off topic since this has nothing to do with Kristen Stewart.

The author of the Twilight books donates money to support organizations through her church that are AGAINST gay rights. If you're a fan, you're a fan. Not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone. I found out AFTER reading all of the books, but luckily I borrowed them from a friend I didn't buy them. I won't pay to see the movies either, I'm sure she gets money off them.

The fact that the Twilight books glamorous a completely abusive relationship is disgusting enough, I can't support something that tries to deny human rights to anyone.

I didn't know this. That really sucks :(

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

jennyann45 wrote:
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but she has A LOT of AS symptoms. I mean, just watch an interview with her and it's kind of like, WHOA, you know? She's incredibly socially awkward and the way she thinks and talks about things, to me, isn't how an NT would talk/think.

Thoughts?

Does it really matter? :shrug:

NT's can be just as quirky as we can be. Though she does seem awkward in some ways I've never seen anything about her that screams "Aspie!" to me.

But then, I don't look very hard for it in celebrities, especially actors. Actors act for a living. Very few people ever see the real person behind the acting, because that's what they do for a living. It's what they do the instant cameras roll, and we never, or at least rarely ever see them unless a camera is rolling, otherwise they wouldn't show up on the screen.

Aspies act, but they do it whether cameras are rolling or not. They do it all the time, every moment of every day whenever anyone is around, so there will often seem to be some similarities between real Aspies, and actors on camera. Therefore, I don't put much stock in what I see on screen. It's impossible to judge since hardly anyone who acts for a living is really "themselves" when the cameras are on.

It might be nice to know there are some celebrities who are, because knowing would give us something to aspire to. "If they could do what they do, think of what I could do." But the simple fact is, unless the celebrity shares that information willingly, there is no way to know for certain, so it seems to me to be kind of a waste of time to think about it. Too many appear to have traits, but maybe only because they act, as we do, and for no other reason.

I don't see much point in wondering about it.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I wonder if I could get my Christian fundamentalist ex-girlfriend to become a vampire. :D :D :D :D

Maybe. Did she ever let you bite?

danuk
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2011, 7:31 pm

It doesn't really matter but it is interesting to question.

She doesn't seem like an obvious aspie but allot of aspie women don't.

She doesn't seem like an obvious nt either.

km84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Nov 2011, 12:53 am

Definitely Aspie. I am NT but learned in recent years that my father is low-functioning autistic, and I've worked with a psychologist to learn more about the spectrum and how to better understand and interact with those on the spectrum. AS never occurred to me for her but she bothers a lot of people because she appears unappreciative of her fans and like she wants to act but without everything that goes along with being a celebrity... Recently I noticed her constant rocking in interviews. She has always also had very poor eye contact, and interviews always seem extremely awkward. I brought it up with my therapist and watched some of the videos with her, and she didn't have a doubt in her mind -- AS.

No, it's not any of our business, but I doubt she realizes she's an Aspie, and she could probably receive assistance for coping with all of these public events. She seems to be really uncomfortable with everything.

Sarahdidsbury
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Aug 2017, 5:13 pm

jennyann45 wrote:
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but she has A LOT of AS symptoms. I mean, just watch an interview with her and it's kind of like, WHOA, you know? She's incredibly socially awkward and the way she thinks and talks about things, to me, isn't how an NT would talk/think.

Thoughts?

I am TOTALLY thinking along your lines, totally. I agree but I think it is just mild aspergers like mine. I think she is mistaken as a dumb /bad actor when she is actually thinking more and differently inside than what she's expressing outwards

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:37 pm

jennyann45 wrote:
She's incredibly socially awkward and the way she thinks and talks about things, to me, isn't how an NT would talk/think.

Thoughts?

I just always assumed it was because she's stupid and has no personality. :|

I mean, don't get me wrong, I ain't hatin,' or nuthin.' It's just that she seems stupid, and has no personality. :wink:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 5:53 pm

will@rd wrote:
jennyann45 wrote:
She's incredibly socially awkward and the way she thinks and talks about things, to me, isn't how an NT would talk/think.

Thoughts?

I just always assumed it was because she's stupid and has no personality. :|

I mean, don't get me wrong, I ain't hatin,' or nuthin.' It's just that she seems stupid, and has no personality. :wink:

And don't forget her resting b***h face :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:22 pm

Gee whiz!

I would sure hate to be in earshot of you when you are talking about someone like Osama Bin Ladin--- if that's how you talk about someone you're "NOT hating on"! :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2017, 10:04 am

She does tend to act rather discombobulated when interviewed, and just being herself.

KS has been an actress since she was like ten years old.

So she is so used to acting, and has done so from such an early age, that she doesn't know how to act when she isn't acting.

Not impossible that is also an aspie on top of that.