Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 7:15 pm

I love the DVR you record a show and watch it later then find out SOME DAMN NEWS CUTS IN SHEESH!! !! Shootings to STUPID shuttle launches SHEESH!! !! !! !! ! I HATE when the news INTERRUPTS MY SHOWS!! !! !! !! !

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 7:31 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I love the DVR you record a show and watch it later then find out SOME DAMN NEWS CUTS IN SHEESH!! !! Shootings to STUPID shuttle launches SHEESH!! !! !! !! ! I HATE when the news INTERRUPTS MY SHOWS!! !! !! !! !

I don't know. Astronautics seems like quite an interesting subject to me.

I don't actually have this problem because I only use my TV to watch DVDs/VHS tapes and play video games. That way you don't have to pay for a TV licence.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 7:47 pm

oh oh oh, how about when something like a baseball game runs late, so the first 45 minutes is the baseball game, then the show starts up so you only catch the first 15 minutes :x

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2009, 8:12 pm

A serial killer loose in your neighborhood! More at 11! <lame jingle and lame animated graphics> Commercials.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 12:04 am

I don't watch or read the news, anymore.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 1:05 am

willa wrote:
oh oh oh, how about when something like a baseball game runs late, so the first 45 minutes is the baseball game, then the show starts up so you only catch the first 15 minutes :x
haha yeah, had that happen a few times. it's annoying

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 2:06 am

lol.. is it interesting news though?

I have a friend who was so pissed off back on 9/11 because they canceled Digimon. XD;;;

Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 8:34 am

they interrupted the price is right for some BS news conference about charges filed on some murder guy.

It's not like they haven't spent 20 hours talking about the story as it is.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 8:34 am

wow talk about synchronicity, right as i said that, the news talks about the story. strange indeed.

Audiophile
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2009, 9:04 am

This is why I've resorted to just finding the two shows i watch online

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 9:57 am

OMG! The late baseball game ARGGG!! !! !! ! I HATE that aswell. Also 9/11 and missing Digimon PRICELESS!! !! ! OMG! Truthfully I watch History documentaries and there IMO have been worse terrorist attack IMO. Also I missed the show Guiness book of World Records since the news cut in on the death of Princess Diana LIKE I CARE SHEESH!! !! !! !! !! !

Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 10:59 am

you'll find alot more people care about princess diana, though, it's based on popular interest.

there's like 600 channels nowadays, anway.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 11:34 am

I have never in my life seen a show that was interrupted for a news story. Maybe this doesn't happen on British TV?

I know what you mean about sports games screwing with the schedule, though.

It also annoys me when charity events (*cough* publicity stunts *cough*) cause an entire evening's programming to be cancelled, and none of the other channels will bother to show anything good either because they know that everyone's gonna be watching the charity event. And the event itself is normally boring as hell, people only seem to watch them out of social expectation.

y es como un semestre"

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 11:55 am

I've noticed that news bulletins never seem to interrupt a commercial break.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 9:03 pm

I never watch TV, ever. By that I mean that I never just turn it on and watch what is being aired, with commercials and all that. Everything I watch is either a DVD I own, or a DVD from Netflix. My kids, 8 and 12, have never seen a TV commercial in their lives. Well, except a few old classic ones on You Tube, which DH shows them. Actually, we've eaten at places that have TVs all over the place, with commercials, so I guess they have seen a few. Not much, though.

I get my news from NPR ("National Public Radio"). News shows on commercial television are so formulaic and biased. And annoyingly presented.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2009, 9:15 pm

Apparently I don't think that happens with British Tv shows getting interrupted in the middle of the tv shows. But I think it might of happened before but I'm unsure about it because it doesn't happen often.