What is your reason for wanting a boyfriend or girlfriend?

Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

therange
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 5:07 pm

Note: This isn't another one of those "What are you looking for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?" posts. This is why you personally feel you want a boyfriend/girlfriend.

For example, I would like someone whose physical appearance appeals to me visually who I can also have good conversations with and feel on the same page as.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 5:37 pm

therange wrote:
Note: This isn't another one of those "What are you looking for in a boyfriend/girlfriend?" posts. This is why you personally feel you want a boyfriend/girlfriend.

For example, I would like someone whose physical appearance appeals to me visually who I can also have good conversations with and feel on the same page as.

Why do I want a girlfriend? I want someone who I can trust with my very soul, who will support me in my darkest hour (and, of course, I would reciprocate). Also, I crave intimacy (not so much anything sexual, but I am a touchy-feely kind of person) to such an extent that a mere friend could not fill this position...

Another thing is that I want someone to spend the rest of my life with... to be able to know that she will still be there even if I royally screw up would be the happiest moment in my life... of course, given how readily many couples divorce, this is just a fantasy now...

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 6:15 pm

It's hard to say, I can think of more reasons for not wanting one. Nevertheless, I suppose I'd want a girl so I can be with someone who actually cares about me and I suppose she could bring some more joy into my life. Plus I would finally get to fool around with her and get my much needed isolated hormones some relief because never kissing anyone is killing me inside.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Nov 2009, 7:49 pm

I would like someone to grow old with. I think I have found that person... :wink: :heart:

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2009, 8:36 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
I would like someone to grow old with. I think I have found that person... :wink: :heart:

Congratulations!
With all the reports on these forums of things going wrong, it's nice to get some good news. I'll answer this question when I'm wider awake.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2009, 8:44 pm

I want someone who I can be myself around with my quirks and all. Someone who I could tell anything and they wouldn't mind. Someone who I can love and who would love me back. So far I think I've found that person in my life but highly doubt she's interested.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Nov 2009, 12:18 am

kingtut3 wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

Congratulations!
With all the reports on these forums of things going wrong, it's nice to get some good news. I'll answer this question when I'm wider awake.

Thank you! It is so wonderful!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 1:36 am

So she can clean my guns.

CerebralDreamer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 4:49 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
therange wrote:

Why do I want a girlfriend? I want someone who I can trust with my very soul, who will support me in my darkest hour (and, of course, I would reciprocate). Also, I crave intimacy (not so much anything sexual, but I am a touchy-feely kind of person) to such an extent that a mere friend could not fill this position...

Another thing is that I want someone to spend the rest of my life with... to be able to know that she will still be there even if I royally screw up would be the happiest moment in my life... of course, given how readily many couples divorce, this is just a fantasy now...

I feel the same way you do. I want to apologize if I've said anything in the past few weeks to offend you. I'm worried I may have been a little harsh in some of your threads.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 6:52 am

CerebralDreamer wrote:
I feel the same way you do. I want to apologize if I've said anything in the past few weeks to offend you. I'm worried I may have been a little harsh in some of your threads.

Don't worry about it, I'm a very forgiving person. Hell, in my last relationship, at one point i forgave my gf for kissing this other guy... I was so impressed that she would come out and just admit it even when she could have easily gotten away with it, that I couldn't stay angry with her. I guess that's not the intended reaction was, because she was completely surprised and kept asking me if I was angry about it (I wasn't). In hindsight, though, I'm wondering if she fabricated that story to make me break up with her, since she broke up a few days later...

I have to be forgiving, though, since it's the only reason people will stick around me at all... I have no attractive qualities: I'm 5'11" and 300 pounds (at least 120 over what I should be), I am, to be honest, an as*hole most of the time (anybody that's seen my more caustic posts on here should have known that by now), and I am a bit of a social klutz and a recluse to boot... If there was a woman that well and truly wanted all of those things, as opposed to my ex who decided that wasn't what she wanted, I'm the one that would be surprised...

22 Nov 2009, 8:40 am

The reason for me wanting one is so I can get married and have kids. I don't want to be single for the rest of my life and have no family of my own. Yeah I know marriages can end in divorce but you risk it but at least you still have your kids and I know your spouse can try and get custody over them and do anything to win. With me, I would do joint and let our kids decide who they want to live with so I don't understand why one spouse would try and alianate their kids from their spouse. Why can't they just share their kids?

So that's my reason for wanting a boyfriend.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 10:15 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
The reason for me wanting one is so I can get married and have kids. I don't want to be single for the rest of my life and have no family of my own. Yeah I know marriages can end in divorce but you risk it but at least you still have your kids and I know your spouse can try and get custody over them and do anything to win. With me, I would do joint and let our kids decide who they want to live with so I don't understand why one spouse would try and alianate their kids from their spouse. Why can't they just share their kids?

Or you could remain married for the rest of your lives... it's very stressful for me, because in my extended family there has not been one divorce since I can remember, although there was one separation... but still, my family still seems to adhere to "married for life", and I want to live up to that as best I can...

Quote:
Don't you have one already?

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 7:30 pm

my boyfriend just kind of happened, i wasn't looking, but he filled everything i wanted. friend first, boyfriend second; the courage to stand up to me and tell me when i'm out of line; some of the same interests; someone who can at least try to understand my mind; last, but probably the most important: someone who can repair my shattered mind and heart. i have been treated like dirt by the students i grew up with so i have no self esteem and have been used more times than i care to count.

at 18 most people would probably think we're insane, but we have already decided that this is going to be my first and last relationship. :)

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 9:03 pm

There was never a time when I wanted a boyfriend. When I was in my mid twenties, I met someone who immediately became my best friend, and now we are married. Our oldest son (an aspie) turned 12 yesterday. I wasn't looking for a boyfriend or a husband, though. Like musicislife said, it just happened.

Whenever I read WP threads about people desperately searching for a boyfriend or girlfriend, the phrase, "A watched pot never boils" comes to mind. In other words, the more you try to force it to happen, the more tense you get, and the worse you feel.

I know that's not what the OP is asking, though. :)

22 Nov 2009, 9:49 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

Or you could remain married for the rest of your lives... it's very stressful for me, because in my extended family there has not been one divorce since I can remember, although there was one separation... but still, my family still seems to adhere to "married for life", and I want to live up to that as best I can...

Quote:
Don't you have one already?

I'm married.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 10:08 pm

1. Companionship

2. Sex

Now proficient in ChatGPT!