I'm kind of confused/lost *kind of rant*

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 10:01 pm

Well my laughing behavior issue has hit its peak issue with family to the point at dinner time the 2 year old grabbed the silver AKA sharp long part of a knife while family got it from him (He was fine BTW) I for some odd reason started laughing. I'm confused. I've laughed at everything from 9/11 to knife issue tonight,to a school student back in Elementary stepping on a bee,my Aunts funeral FOR GOD SAKE!! !! ! (don't remember the funeral I'm getting that info. from my parents) and yet here's my confusion.

My Psychology teacher was pregnant and when she sent the be away for X time email I walked around the block WORRIED FOR HER AND HER UNBORN BABY I BARELY KNEW HER 2 MONTHS AT THE TIME!! !! A coworker at my short lived job had a leg issue I felt TRUE SYMPATHY FOR HER! and at one time as a kid I clearly remember freaking out OMG! My sister stepped ON A BEE!! !! ! and yet as an adult outside of the coworker/teacher experiences I laughed inappropriately. I'm lost my parents said I needed to change or I'll end up alone.

(IMO the teacher/coworker) experience shows for some reason I cared for those 2 people more THAN MY OWN FAMILY! What's wrong with me? I look at empathy at times (they freak out over a knife Me:What if he falls running on are tile plus I freaked out when my little sister busted her lip open) SO I'm not some evil heartless person. I don't know where to turn my parents mention telling the Psychiatrist but yall know my no ones DAMN BUSINESS view. :-) Any help on this life issue would be appreciated thank you WP for all you've done to help me and while I do have my views I slightly agree I don't want to just have my room and WP for the rest of my life LOL!

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2009, 11:57 pm

From what you said before, I was under the impression that when you laugh at inappropriate times, it isn't actually because you find it funny. Nervous laughter is fairly common. Crying and laughing at the same time, or laughing hysterically because you're overwhelmed isn't completely unheard of either. Other times it may just be because you don't know how to react, or because you feel a bunch of something and don't know how to express it. Laughter doesn't always come from humor.

Perhaps it's easier for you to empathize with things that you're more detached from? It could be that you have trouble empathizing with your family BECAUSE you care about them.

Expressions are not always what they seem.. especially for aspies.

Before you start analyzing why you feel a certain way, it's a good idea to first figure out whether or not you actually feel it. It's quite impossible to figure out why you feel something if you don't really feel that something.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 3:11 am

Is it sort of that.. in a way you don't really feel sympathy for your family members because you are so close to them that you think of them in the same way you think of yourself? Because, for me, that's why I laugh at my family/friends when they do something like that. I don't feel sorry for them because I wouldn't feel sorry for myself in the same situation.

Does that sound like it? XD;; (Maybe not.; )

Gnoloo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2009, 10:06 am

I tend to laugh inappropriatly because of nerves and the fact I ofter find it hard to tell if someone is joking.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2009, 12:38 pm

Gnoloo wrote:
I tend to laugh inappropriatly because of nerves and the fact I ofter find it hard to tell if someone is joking.

Actually, those two factors are likely to combine, too. If you frequently have trouble understanding jokes or when somebody is joking, that means that to compensate, you purposely laugh at things you don't find funny anyway in an attempt to react appropriately. So that makes you more likely to inappropriately laugh at things that you don't find funny, too.