Is it me or the rest of the world?

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

26 Nov 2009, 12:34 pm

therange wrote:
I'll admit, at the moment I'm quite comfortable with my lifestyle, minus the fact that my band hasn't found a good lead singer yet. Most of the women I check out do not interest me other than just looking the way I'd look at a nice sunset. Everyone has a price and I haven't found mine yet.

Well, I'm glad that you're being honest about it. There's nothing wrong with contentment, but you never know what changes life has in store for you - your circumstances can change dramatically with no notice. I encourage you not to wait too long to start trying some new things to see what fits. You never know when you're going to meet that woman you'd like to impress, or when you're going to need an income of your own. Good luck.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2009, 7:23 pm

You're fine.

But no, the world shouldn't be like you.

No two people in the world are exacly alike.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2009, 8:36 pm

Here's an example of why I can't survive in the NT world. Luckily I was asleep and wasn't there to hear it, but my 24 year old female cousin who parties like crazy made a comment about a man not being a real man who owns a papillon...said that a real man owns a pittbull. My dad said "You realize a guy with a pittbull beats his girlfriend." I'm convinced if I were there, I would have said "A real man doesn't like a girl that drinks like you do."

Backstory too...she made fun of me with my aunt in 2007 after I tried to kill myself, making some comment at a family get together that they had a crazy relative and looked at me.

These kind of side comments happen all the time in the NT world. For me, I can't handle it. Either I speak my mind or implode and take it out on myself.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

27 Nov 2009, 2:18 am

therange wrote:
Here's an example of why I can't survive in the NT world. Luckily I was asleep and wasn't there to hear it, but my 24 year old female cousin who parties like crazy made a comment about a man not being a real man who owns a papillon...said that a real man owns a pittbull. My dad said "You realize a guy with a pittbull beats his girlfriend." I'm convinced if I were there, I would have said "A real man doesn't like a girl that drinks like you do."

Backstory too...she made fun of me with my aunt in 2007 after I tried to kill myself, making some comment at a family get together that they had a crazy relative and looked at me.

These kind of side comments happen all the time in the NT world. For me, I can't handle it. Either I speak my mind or implode and take it out on myself.

Dude, I wish you would have said that to your cousin! That was heee-larious - and just what she deserved (maybe not quite for that comment, but for being the kind of person who'd glibly talk about your suicide attempt - man that's ugly, ugly behavior).

I'm not very clear about whether you're concerned that NT folks may make snide comments about you - or just snide comments in general. Grisha's suggestion (find something that you're really good at) would go a long way to address concerns about people talking smack about you. I know you're no fan of therapists....but there are qualified therapists who could help you learn how to channel the feelings this kind of talk can provoke, so you don't wind up taking it out on yourself. It's just a thought.

TheHairyMuffinMan
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2009, 6:39 am

therange wrote:
Sainthood talk....

Quote:
Re: Is it me or the rest of the world?

I think your question is really :"are my traits good enough for mating?"

How old are you? How many gfs you got during your lifetime? How many attention (sexual-wise) you get from girls? If it's Zero then you know the answer.

I don't think your traits are evolutionary advantageous.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2009, 8:19 am

TheHairyMuffinMan wrote:
therange wrote:
Sainthood talk....

Quote:

How old are you? How many gfs you got during your lifetime? How many attention (sexual-wise) you get from girls? If it's Zero then you know the answer.

If you read, you'd know that I'm not trying to get in women's pants. I'm looking for a compatible partner, whether short-term or long-term.

TheHairyMuffinMan
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Nov 2009, 8:31 am

therange wrote:
TheHairyMuffinMan wrote:
therange wrote:
Sainthood talk....

Quote:

If you read, you'd know that I'm not trying to get in women's pants. I'm looking for a compatible partner, whether short-term or long-term.

Ok then , replace the word 'gfs' with 'potential compatible partners' .

Now , answer the question.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2009, 2:44 pm

I don't like your attitude, but I will tell you that the answer isn't zero, and that I've turned down a lot of decent looking women because I saw no long term compatibility, so my number is quite irrelevant. You sound like one of those wannabe pick-up-artists and you only have 10 posts. Weird.