Yes 34%  34%  [ 33 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 98

night
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Feb 2006, 4:42 pm

I download a lot of movies, got around 85 or something from the Internet saved on my external HD..
Sometimes I turn off the lights in my room, use my amplifier with a set of powerful speakers and sort of make it look like a cinema enviroment, sad isn't it? :) I really enjoy it..

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 7:06 pm

I don't go ANYWHERE outside my house alone, except for work.

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2006, 12:22 am

No, I've never been to the cinema alone. I've always gone with my family or friends. I hardly go now because of the expensive ticket prices, but I don't feel like I'm missing much.

colonel1fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2006, 1:37 pm

No, I don't usually go to the cinema alone. I like to discuss the movie afterwards, and I like the fact that I get to do things with people, even if it is just with my family. Last time I went to the movies alone was to see Rent over Thanksgiving Break, and that was because my aunt would take me, but she didn't want to go see it and nobody was back yet from break, so I went by myself.

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Feb 2006, 2:24 am

I have been to the cinema on my own many times.

I alsays feel self-conscious though because most other people are with someone.

night
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Mar 2006, 1:07 pm

Just a little update. Today I'm going alone to the movies as well. I would like to go with a few people but I got nobody to call.
Recently I figured out that the girl working at the ticket counter is in my university, weird isn't it?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2006, 1:49 pm

When I do go to the one-screen independent in the small town where I live, I nearly always go on my own. It's much better than going with someone else in my book, because you don't have to humour them. :D

Data
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Mar 2006, 5:12 pm

At last - other people who like going to the cinema on their own :D

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2006, 5:37 pm

I prefer to watch films home alone.

But I don't mind going to the cinema by myself, back in college I had friends who worked at the local cinema and they were able to get let friends into films for free which was quite a plus so it mean't i didn't have to pay to watch every single film that was on and boy was there some crap films out around that time :P

gloomywtregret
Raven
Raven

10 Mar 2006, 7:46 pm

I said no but that is kind of a lie.
You see I would go by myself just I usually don't.
I most often go with a friend or two to the actual movie theater.
movies alone at home can be good and I'm not per se completely opposed to going to the movies by myself.

msamericanpartiot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2006, 8:59 pm

I havent been to the movie theater since the first Jurassic Park. It is too expensive to go to if you ask me and there are no dollar theaters here anymore.

ozymandias
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 8:17 am

Yeah the prices are ridiculous! I can rent a DVD and be far more comfortable at home!

Peace

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 8:27 am

No I don't go to the theatre alone, I don't like being anywhere in a crowd of people alone with noone I recognize at least nearby. Partially why I rarely leave the house alone to go anywhere.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2006, 8:13 pm

The only movies that I have seen with other people since the age of 17 have been Rocky Horror, Dune, ( Sneak Pre-release showing) in 1984, Wierd Science and La Cage aux Folles in 1985, Fargo, and some other film in 1996, and The Matrix and the First Star Wars movie in 1999.

msamericanpartiot wrote:
I havent been to the movie theater since the first Jurassic Park. It is too expensive to go to if you ask me and there are no dollar theaters here anymore.

When I lived in Charlotte, I used to regularly see First Run feature Matinee's at the AMC 22 on South Blvd. for around $3 a show. You're right, there aren't any real $1 Cinemas anymore, but Matinee showings in the middle of the week are pretty close to that, and you don't have to deal with crowds.

msamericanpartiot

28 Mar 2006, 8:55 pm

That is the other side of town from me. I live about 20 miles from Lowes Motor Speedway and Concord Mills. Then there is also Northlake Mall too.

cloverleaf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Mar 2006, 9:31 pm

I don't go alone I alway's go with my parents so I don't have to sit next to a stranger.