Socially acceptable to own an iPod or PSP?

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should I go with the flow or be myself?
A 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
A 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 10 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 10 ]
Don't care (goes back to listening to music) 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Don't care (goes back to listening to music) 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 40

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 7:56 pm

Anyone heard of the iRiver? I have a friend who has it, it's a lot more powerful than the ipod mini (now extinct) but hardly more expensive. I was impressed with the bigger one's capacity (I think like 20 GB!)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2006, 10:10 pm

ooh... I like baby Mp3 players they're so cute.

Seanybaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Feb 2006, 5:36 pm

Wow....they are selling Shuffles for $70 now..... 8O

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

24 Feb 2006, 12:52 am

Don't get it if you don't need it I say. Being yourself is better cause people can't point you out as just "one of the rest" with the silly iPods and PSPs.

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Feb 2006, 2:22 am

Get the iPod simply because it is a superior piece of equipment.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 7:44 pm

Whats a iPod?

ed
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 12:23 pm

A recent local TV show, "Chronicle," showed both our Mormon Republican governor, Mitt Romney, and Keith Lockhart, conductor of the Boston Pops Orchestra, extolling the virtues of their iPods. Mitt Romney has, among other things, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on his. I bet I have more than he does! :lol:

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 6:35 pm

You should definately be yourself. Those who go with the flow are the ones who are being enslaved by the one with the highest social status. I try not to be in a group which involves a hierarchy or anything having to do with "you must own or wear this to be in the group".

I don't like handheld games since I am most comfortable using a keyboard and a mouse for FPS gaming. I don't need an MP3 Player since I usually listen to music at home. However, nobody really said anything to me about not having one of those things. I guess where you come from must be different though.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 4:48 am

I have an iPod and a DS, but I like using them regardless of my social skills.

If you are unfamiliar with iPod and PSP:

iPod - An MP3 portable player by Apple that can hold videos, photos, and music. They come in capacities of 30Gb and 60GB (the new video iPods)

PSP - A portable games player by Sony that also hold music and videos.

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 5:36 am

If you're happy with your cd player then stick with it - people do still use them. Most times you dont see whatever the person's using anyway because it's in a bag or pocket. The only reason I have an iPod is because my discman was reaching 10 years old and skipping the songs on some cds, plus it's alot easier to store music on an mp3 player then on a cd which needs to be taken everywhere with you. I don't reckon iPods are the best out there for the price, alot of my friends have creative zen mp3 players or different brands that are just as good for a cheaper price (and they have white headphones as well - why anyone would continue to use those earphones is beyond me though, they hurt my ears so much!). So if you're happy with that then stick with it, only get a different mp3 player if you need it/want to upgrade - and you don't need an iPod, they're so common.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2006, 1:26 pm

I think I like cd players better.