H-h...hi..... I'm Paulos... a high functioning autistic.

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Paulos
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Dec 2009, 5:27 am

Hello everyone...

I've heard this site is great for people with autism/aspergers, and so on ... I've been here before, I believe I signed up about a year and a half ago but did not return... I'm not sure if people did not like me or what but, hi...

I'm going through major depression recently, sigh... I'm 24, male, mentally disabled so I stay at home a lot and I am a big video game player and movie/show watcher. Uh... I take Zoloft 50mg for my depression and Xanax for my anxiety, I'm also an alcoholic and breaking the habit... well... hope to make some friends here honestly...

-Paulos

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 5:54 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet Paulos

I quit drinking almost 10 years ago and it's ironic how much better my life is sober when there was a time I couldn't fathom living without it. I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

ssenkrad
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2009, 5:54 am

Hi Paulos, cool name by the way. How are you doing today?

What kind of movies and shows do you like to watch?

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 7:06 am

Welcome back then!

The year is still young.

Oisin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Dec 2009, 7:07 am

Hi Paulos,

Oeps Xanax, Zoloft (Prozac) and alcohol, what a killer combination. No wonder you're depressed. Alcohol worsens depression and anxiety. I hope you have help to get off the alcohol. It's very difficult. I use Paroxetine for my anxiety, it's also for depression and doesn't contain Prozac. Prozac can be very dangerous for some people, resulting in suicides and self mutulation and or violent behaviour towards other people.

Way to go Aimless, I guess you're not wandering aimlessly around anymore.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 7:26 am

Oisin wrote:
Way to go Aimless, I guess you're not wandering aimlessly around anymore.

Still wandering, just not stumbling. :)

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 7:29 am

Hi, there.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Dec 2009, 8:20 am

i was severely depressed to the point of suicide a year ago, so i understand to some degree. I dont know if you want advice but its the only thing i could really give you since this is just a forum in the depths of cyberspace. Just hold on man. try and find small victories in every day living. someday you will find your way out of the darkness

Paulos

01 Dec 2009, 4:04 pm

Thanks for your support all... I watch Garfield and Friends, Ren and Stimpy, Power Rangers... to the person who asked what shows/movies I watch, I've been watching Babe a lot lately... the one about the pig who changed Hoggens' farm :). So the objective is to stay clear of alcohol eh splinter... I always go back to it because it makes me feel better, but in reality it does not., it's a fake better.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 4:12 pm

Hi Paulos, welcome to Wrong Planet!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 4:21 pm

He Paulos,

Welcome back to Wrongplanet :D !

Make yourself feel comfortable :) glad you came back, i'm Ian, 18 and I got autism and I do get depressed once and a while, it depends on what happens to me.... I dont take any meds and I do have some social axiety so i'm abit like that aswell...

I also stay in the house alot of the times too but I do try and plan myself to go outside more but I just fail to do it.

I go to college and i've been a member since september, hope you enjoy a good long quest at wrongplanet :)

Happy posting :)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 4:23 pm

You can't just take an addiction away; you have to replace whatever purpose it solved with something safer. Whatever purpose alcohol has for you, you need some other way to do that thing, or you'll go right back to it. Good luck :)

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Paulos

01 Dec 2009, 4:32 pm

You're into Dynasty Warriors are ye? I've been playing Orochi Warriors 2 lately, quite enjoyable... quite, I'm not into Samurai Warriors but I do love the Dynasty series *Well mainly 4*, the characters and I love Dynasty Tactics I/II and the ROTK series.

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 5:29 pm

hi Paulos!

I'm almost twice your age and just found out this year that I have AS (now looking like possibly HFA? not sure how they split that one in two).

I've been through periods of drinking to self-medicate and stopping altogether. I don't like the way I feel after drinking too much so if I drink, I drink a glass or two of wine, or a couple of beers and that's all I can handle. at times it's been a definite temptation to drink to fit in so I wouldn't feel so socially awkward, but these days I stay at home a lot more so anxiety is a lot less.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 9:58 pm

Hi Paulos.. I'm recently on the wagon also. I have a toxic liver from 25 years of drinking and was basically told to stop or die. Due to the condition of my liver right now, I can't take any anxiety meds so I spend my free time pacing in the basement and I chewed two of my finger nails completely off today. Don't go down this path. Stop now!! Please.

I love Ren and Stimpy also.

88BK
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2009, 10:07 pm

hi!!

i am HFA too. and i like most of the things you like. i just don't take medication or drink booze (i do smoke some pot though). best of luck with breaking the habit, hope it goes well!!