Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2009, 7:06 pm

I just was reading that Pell Grants are up to around $5000!! ! I'm not sure if I could get one since it goes off of mom/dad income (last time I checked it said NO and to try student loans.) :-( BUT I'm on SSDI (disability) so there must be SOME HELP out there for me!! !! I'm dealing with VR for a job (which WITH that I could get a job) but I'm not sure where to turn for Schooling. There's health help (my insurance is ok) Job help VR/Job coach etc. What School help is there? Thanks as yall know I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO COLLEGE OMG!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2009, 2:36 am

I asked in another thread but didn't receive a proper answer: Aren't there FREE schools in your country? I mean, like totally free?
There are lots in here (it's called public school, versus private school) that cost little or nothing, there are even free universities.

BTW I supported myself $ in a private university, it's not impossible.

just found there are some free ones: link

good luck (:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2009, 12:52 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I just was reading that Pell Grants are up to around $5000!! ! I'm not sure if I could get one since it goes off of mom/dad income (last time I checked it said NO and to try student loans.) :-( BUT I'm on SSDI (disability) so there must be SOME HELP out there for me!! !! I'm dealing with VR for a job (which WITH that I could get a job) but I'm not sure where to turn for Schooling. There's health help (my insurance is ok) Job help VR/Job coach etc. What School help is there? Thanks as yall know I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO COLLEGE OMG!

I don't think going into a college at the age of 23 is free from where i'm from, unless you are 16 - 18 which those ones are free.
Save up a couple of pennies, choose the course you want to do and start with level one of what you want to do...

Everytime you pass, you will reach onto the next level :)

But first you have to make sure you can find a place?

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 6:19 am

Walk into a college. Ask. They're usually happy to tell you.
Or check the website of the place you plan on joining, if you have a clear choice in mind, you should be able to find a telephone number or email address to get your info.