what type of music do people with asperger syndrome like?

Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Woodfish
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2009, 3:30 pm

Squidward wrote:
Well, I think it's OBVIOUS that ALL ASPIES like Minimalism above all other styles of music.

Just look at how ordered and mathematical it is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5antXqfUQrQ[/youtube]

i can't agree more!! i'm totally nuts about this music. i saw Phil live recently. improvising on the piano and talking quite a bit.

i feel there is so MUCH to love in his stuff. i think my fav is Music in Twelve Parts.

i feel it is kind of stimming for the mind .. also borderline like shamanistic quality .. will induce a trance .. (almost kind of like transcendence) ... also, his rhythms are additive in most cases .. just like Indian classical music often has. A big influence on Glass' music. the piece shown here is really early stuff. in other words more extreme .. later stuff is more accessible. Steve Reich is also really great.

If we concentrate on accepting ourselves, change will happen. It will take care of itself. Self-acceptance is so hard to get you can't do it a day at a time. I've found that I need to run my life five minutes at a time. --Jess Lair

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 3:33 pm

Eggman wrote:
Squidward wrote:
Well, I think it's OBVIOUS that ALL ASPIES like Minimalism above all other styles of music.

Just look at how ordered and mathematical it is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5antXqfUQrQ[/youtube]

Epic Fail!

Its defintaly not obvious all people with Asperger's likes this music. PWN!

azucar8
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2010, 8:25 pm

I don't think we need to guess what music makes me the absolute happiest at this period (or obsession/passion) of my life.
<---- heheheheh. love him. but who doesn't? and he was so much like us.

i love a lot of music. i tend to be annoyed or bored by soft rock like daughtry and nickleback, and i can't stand too much screamo, but i remember hating rock, then went through a stage where i loved hard rock, christian hard rock.
i LOVE r&b and gospel, and pop. motown of course and different stuff like that of sia and imogen heap, regina spektor, etc...
i like my rap too.. lol sometimes the BEST stuff to workout to, specifically running, is some good old jay-z

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 8:35 pm

It seems the people here are all over the place in terms of music taste. Do people want there to be a correlation? Cuz I don't think there is one. Okay, I feel like I'm just stating something so obvious that it was completely pointless to state it. But I'm so bored that I will reply to anything agghghhhh!! !