Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are cheating and hacking the same to you?
Yes 24%  24%  [ 8 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 22 ]
I have no clue what your talking about 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
No opinion 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Don't care, hate video games anyway 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 33

Yugijak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Dec 2009, 9:01 pm

I, a fellow gamer, ask you to post vids, cheats, hints, anything on ANY GAME! I kinda want to start a gaming blog but I want help about games I can't even get access to! Most of my games are ultra obscure :T_T:. If you guys help, I will ensure that you will receive all the credit. I only ask you to do what you love and post it on this forum. Help a fellow gamer out would'ya! Also, I will tell you some about my games. In fact, I'll start:
I have a game called Vexx, you probably haven't heard of it. Don't be ashamed, it's kinda old, anyway. The object of the game is to collect Wraithhearts to power various portals to new(and sometimes more dangerous) worlds by accomplishing a to-do list of insane tasks. The actual tasks vary from fighting giant monsters to collecting to solving brain-melting puzzles. The story is great, fine combat, and great graphics! Unfortunately, no multiplayer or CG cutscenes, but cutscenes would actually hinder the games fun. My absolute favorite thing about it is the concept of saving a world(and your uncle) from certain destruction. The instruction area is actually a dream world, too!
By the way, do you think that cheating and hacking are the same thing?

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2009, 12:33 am

Just write about what you know rather than relying on other people's gaming experiences for your blog. I write about video games (as well as other things) in my blog (the link is in my signature), but I stick to games that I've actually played for the most part, which is usually older games that no one remembers. I have posted about new popular games that I have no interest in, but those posts tend to have a negative spin usually.

Right now, I'm planning to post reviews of a few Atari, SNES, and N64 games in my blog, even though I'm sure no one reading it cares. I try to space reviews out between other types of entries, however, and haven't gotten around to many actual reviews yet, so much as random ramblings mentioning various games.

Oregon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2009, 12:48 am

I only consider it cheating if you take unfair advantage of an other person.

But posting tips, videos, easter eggs, hacks, and codes for a single player game.. I see no harm.

When I play wow and someone is using a speed hack in a battleground, I get a little ticked.

Tach
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2009, 2:24 am

Cheating and hacking are different.

Cheating = gaining an unfair advantage illegally

Hacking = figuring out creative solutions to problems...

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2009, 2:35 am

Its too late we allready did

Jpeg
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Dec 2009, 3:30 pm

Hacking in public servers of multi-player games is cheating and ruins the game for everyone, but in single-player or in private multi-player servers with only my friends is harmless, fun, and can extend the life of a game that I am getting bored of.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2009, 3:40 pm

Cheating can easily be done without hacking, depending on the game. After all, a great many HAVE built in cheat codes (allyourbasearebelongtous anyone?). Hacking however, simply means the act of entering parts of the coding you aren't supposed to, which of course you can change (though it is simply the entering that is more the definition, not the changing). You can hack a game for the characters to have no clothing for example, which doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever, so isn't cheating. Certainly can make some games alot more interesting though.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

Yugijak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Dec 2009, 3:05 pm

Thanks for the advice, however, I feel that I shouldn't use just my experiences. By pooling the experiences of every player possible, you can not only guarantee good information, but EVERYONE can share great information about all the games they know and love! There's also the fact that I am REALLY out of sync with the gaming universe. T_T. Anyway, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukah too! :twisted:

Yugijak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Dec 2009, 3:13 pm

I would like to request that you submit codes, hacks, tips, tricks, vids, pics, or any other info on your favorite games, pleeeeeeease. Here's a tip for anyone who still plays Star Fox Adventures:
Whenever you see a well with sparkles coming out of it, you can pay 20 Scarabs for a Cheat Token, one Token per Well.
Please add on at your leisure. :twisted:

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:24 am

exploits on left4dead 2: if u have 0 ammos left and u pick up fire bullets after using em your gun has full ammo again

Yugijak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Feb 2010, 3:51 pm

According to my step father, cheat codes are exactly like hacks, except you use a controller to input the codes instead of using a keyboard. Untrue! In fact, cheat codes and hack codes are totally different because cheat codes ARE PROGRAMMED INTO THE GAME, NOT A BYPASS TO ALTER THE GAMING DATA!! ! So anyone thinking that a cheat code uses a hacking mentod, THINK AGAIN! In fact, that explains why games such as Ace Combat Four: Shattered Skies have no cheats, they weren't programmed in! [b][i][u]DUUUUUH!! !
By the way, I hope you also use any info that's posted here to your benefit, and don't forget to post those cheats!
Bye!

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 4:28 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yos9HWCK_UU[/youtube]

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 4:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku97l914ybM[/youtube]

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 5:01 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmO8cxYJlUQ[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOJmsSLEPIk[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pv3pEvjKA[/youtube]

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 6:08 pm

Yugijak wrote:
By the way, do you think that cheating and hacking are the same thing?

Of course not. One can hack in order to cheat, but the two are not identical.

The year is still young.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 7:04 pm

Hacking is not always cheating. You can hack a custom game, for example, Halo 3, to make it more interesting.