Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2009, 12:02 am

Sorry, I wrote alot...
So I have a friend at school, and he said earlier in the year in one class that he was diagnosed with mild autism. And I think he meant aspergers because he didn't seem autistic, more high-functioning or aspergers.
Like he often goes on rants about different things, which showed that he had a very vast knowledge of practically everything, since he always explains something or for example, when talking about evolution and survival of the fittest this one time, he sounded like reading from an encyclopedia. It's quite amazing, but other people think it's annoying. I seem to be one of the few people who are impressed by his knowledge, and actually interested in what he has to say, rather than annoyed.
Everyone else at school either thinks he is a douchebag (because he is sometimes rude and says the wrong things), or is very weird (duh), or is really interesting, or dont really care for him at all. And that kind of sucks.
Because he acts exactly how I used to in fifth and sixth grade, exact I wasn't as rude... or at least I think I wasnt.
He is even rude to me, but I always overlook that one characteristic of his. Because people are always saying mean things about him. Thing is, he is like the talkative, or active aspie, whereas I've become more a quite or reserved one. I used to be talkative, but not anymore. I try to say as little as possible as to not become what he is to other people, but that sucks, because now he is like the big loser... and not me. I didn't want it that way, it just happened. And now I feel bad.
But I can relate to him, and so whenever someone says something mean about him, or to him, then I feel like they're saying it to me.
It's like he's ET and I'm Elliot...

But anyway, there's a problem. Even though we are friends, I am always uncertain, just because of how he acts around me. I can never understand what he is thinking, and even when I think I do, I really don't. I thought I did because he is also an aspie. But I guess just that fact doesn't mean I will know what he is thinking, even though we think the same way.
Like I said before, he is sometimes rude to me. And also as I said, I always overlook that fact, but then it still kind of hurts when he is rude to me.

He is very monotone, like his facial expressions, and sometimes his voice when he is going on and on with these incredible facts. So it's hard for me to tell what he is thinking.
I can only tell when it's obvious. Like if he's mad or if he finds something amusing.
He's not very funny, but I just laugh, because before no one thought I was funny, now it's completely opposite. It's like we're polar opposites, but at the same time, exactly the same. Just because I want to let him have what people have never given to me, and so I've been lonely, and I don't want him to be like that. But he is anyway, as was proven today during art class, when we were to choose a word to go along with a drawing we did, he drew a picture of a small black bird, and his word was "Alone." Which was exactly how I felt my whole life, even though I have friends.
My big question is: how can I tell what he is thinking? Like what his emotions are? My other friends are more emotional?? for lack of a better term, than he is, and obviously they aren't as eccentric, all my friends either have ADHD or are also aspies or just socially awkward normal people. But at least I know what they're thinking.
It would make it a whole lot easier on me, since I don't know what his sense of humor is exactly, or what would offend him, or what would make him happy, or what would make him sad, and that's why it's so hard for me to be his friend.
Because the reason I want to be his friend so badly is because I feel he is the only one who would be able to understand me, that's why I have so few friends, because as an aspie, no one is able to undrstand me or relate to me...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 12:05 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!