So instead of meaning of life, WHY do you think we're alive?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2009, 12:18 am

Like why do you think humans exist, or other living things exist, or the universe exists?

Because personally I believe it is to be the reason someone or something else is alive. Because it can work for virtually anything. Like plants are the reason humans and other animals and other plants are alive, they give oxygen. And humans are the reason other humans are alive. And animals are the reason other animals are alive, and some animals are the reason humans are alive.
Some people say it's love, but that's more of a personal thing.
What about you guys.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 2:07 am

The chemical gears of the universe turn, and life results. There is no why, only how.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 2:36 am

Why? Well, I don't think a real answer can be given. Humans exist because we evolved from earlier life forms. Earlier life forms exist because the nature of the Earth and surrounding environments permitted this life to exist. The Earth and surrounding space are the way they are because they are the way they are. The Earth and surrounding space are the way they are because the universe happened this way, and beyond that we lack data.

"I believe it is to be the reason someone or something else is alive"
Ok, but that does not explain the reason why there is something rather than nothing. If nothing exists, then there needs not to be a reason why something else is alive. Not only that, but the issue ends up being a question of why the universe sprang into existence and waited billions of years just so us flesh-automaton-things can grow on some planet in some galaxy. I mean, why should advanced carbon structures be so loved by the universe that it bends over backwards for them?

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 3:34 am

At times like these, all one can do is quote Doctor Seuss.

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

and

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 4:50 am

I pay taxes....therefore I am.