Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 2:25 am

... to the tests on OkCupid.com.

Someone mentioned it in a thread here on WP and I didn't know what it was so i looked it up, joined, and then fooled around a bit with my profile, but instead of looking after girls I discovered this test section and I've been at it all day, It's fun but wow I wasted over 6 hours. :?

Maybe I should see what kind of people are on there as well.

Funny thing is that these tests are saved and added to your profile so now I come across as a cold hearted, sex craved womanizer.

still those tests are like crack... :coffee:

:::)

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 5:53 am

I think you can decide if other people can see your test results in your settings there.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 10:37 am

KenM wrote:
I think you can decide if other people can see your test results in your settings there.

Ah jeah I just saw that function but I did answer the tests truthfully so I guess it's only hiding the truth. But since the tests follows typical NT stereotypes my emotional detachment makes me look like quite the douche.

Conclusion, ignoring my AS I'm an lewd NT douche. :roll:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 10:43 am

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
... to the tests on OkCupid.com.

Someone mentioned it in a thread here on WP and I didn't know what it was so i looked it up, joined, and then fooled around a bit with my profile, but instead of looking after girls I discovered this test section and I've been at it all day, It's fun but wow I wasted over 6 hours. :?

Maybe I should see what kind of people are on there as well.

Funny thing is that these tests are saved and added to your profile so now I come across as a cold hearted, sex craved womanizer.

still those tests are like crack... :coffee:

That's one of the big reasons I am on there.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

04 Dec 2009, 11:42 am

But the real question is: are you a cold-hearted, sex-craved womanizer?

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 2:41 pm

HopeGrows wrote:

No I'm not. I have a tendency to demand some ME time and become quite dismissive or non verbal and that might look like I come across as a very selfish and stubborn person, thinking only of myself.
The sex part is pretty much accurate, I do have a fairly/overly horny persona and been like that since I was a little kid so I'm not going to deny my extreme attraction to sexual acts, but I do treat girls/women with respect and kindness, I can be quite of a trickster and a tease but I see to that I never hurt their feeling or mislead them beyond misinterpretation.
I do have a very playful character and I can come across a bit rude if you don't fully understand me or know me personally, some say I'm a cute and a total sweetheart and those who know me less label me more of a NT type playboy that comes across as playing cute and hard to get.

But basically I'm quite cuddly, kind and understanding.
It's just that I answer mosts tests that involve romance and sexual intercourse as playful rather then affectionate, because that's how I feel about the whole subject of sex.

NT tests are not for Aspies I guess... :shrug:

Eto
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Dec 2009, 2:53 pm

I adore taking personality tests and the like. I can easily spend hours doing so. I sympathize. :P I could easily spend hours on that site.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 3:55 pm

Eto wrote:
I adore taking personality tests and the like. I can easily spend hours doing so. I sympathize. :P I could easily spend hours on that site.

I'm trying to resist going on there because i believe I'll repeat the same streak but i feel as tho Cupids dark shadowy claws are grasping my mind and telling me to enjoy some more fun personality quizzes. :shaking2:

Guess I'll be on there later messing around.

My nickname is SoulCakeCat by the way if anyone cares about that sort of stuff...

I like your deviant wolfies by the way Eto, you're good.
Ja ne!

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 4:24 pm

I almost want to join now - personality quizzes are far too addictive... don't know if my boyfriend would approve though somehow! :P

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 4:54 pm

Gremmie wrote:
I almost want to join now - personality quizzes are far too addictive... don't know if my boyfriend would approve though somehow! :P

When joining you can set your status to "in a relationship", and I don't know why he would mind. If he's confident about your relationship he will let you do whatever you want if you find it interesting.
That's what i told my ex girlfriend when she said that she was afraid of doing things because she thought that I might become jealous, I said no I'm no slave master and there's no leash around your neck go play if she would choose to fool around with somebody else it would end there and I would know that the relationship wasn't to be... and she found my trust very much a turn on and it made her happy she could spread her wings and be herself and playful.

So I guess you should join if you want to, and suspicion and jealousy shouldn't be a issue in a true relationship, those behaviors are just indications of insecurities.

+ there's a cool little robot dude guide getting you started telling you to fill in some info about yourself and then answering some questions, doing some tests. I was all for it and did it all till the last task on the introduction list:

¤ Now contact someone and get to know OkCupids users!

I was like,....... ok :oops:

PosterChild
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Dec 2009, 5:27 pm

I have very little "online experience, but I recently found that site to be linking to other not pleasant sites.....i will Not be visiting it nor it's chaotic affiliates ever again !

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 6:07 pm

I haven't seen anything like that on OkCupid. It seems a reasonable place as dating sites go.

The year is still young.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

04 Dec 2009, 6:34 pm

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
HopeGrows wrote:

No I'm not. I have a tendency to demand some ME time and become quite dismissive or non verbal and that might look like I come across as a very selfish and stubborn person, thinking only of myself.
The sex part is pretty much accurate, I do have a fairly/overly horny persona and been like that since I was a little kid so I'm not going to deny my extreme attraction to sexual acts, but I do treat girls/women with respect and kindness, I can be quite of a trickster and a tease but I see to that I never hurt their feeling or mislead them beyond misinterpretation.
I do have a very playful character and I can come across a bit rude if you don't fully understand me or know me personally, some say I'm a cute and a total sweetheart and those who know me less label me more of a NT type playboy that comes across as playing cute and hard to get.

But basically I'm quite cuddly, kind and understanding.
It's just that I answer mosts tests that involve romance and sexual intercourse as playful rather then affectionate, because that's how I feel about the whole subject of sex.

NT tests are not for Aspies I guess... :shrug:

If I read what you wrote (above) in an online profile, I would want to date you. My advice: use what you got, bro. :wink:

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 7:08 pm

HopeGrows wrote:
If I read what you wrote (above) in an online profile, I would want to date you. My advice: use what you got, bro. :wink:

:roll: :oops: Thank you Hope.
That's why I didn't hide it as KenM said you could do, it's all true after all but just viewed from another perspective.
It's just funny as you read my introduction summary which is kinda light and then you check the questions and tests and I look like a perverted Mr. Hyde. :colors:

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 7:19 pm

PosterChild wrote:
I have very little "online experience, but I recently found that site to be linking to other not pleasant sites.....i will Not be visiting it nor it's chaotic affiliates ever again !

I don't see any strange advertisement on there,... all I see is a site called Match.com and some "free" online RPG banner telling me to chose a hero and defeating the devil, jeah I'm not doing that...

you don't have to click the links and add banners though. Some banners are a nuisance when they blink and stuff so I hav ea trick where I right-click the add and press "rewind"/"back" and the add will stop playing.

I find it quite disturbing reading profiles and doing tests with a elf next to me yelling at me to chose a hero and go kill the devil.

PosterChild
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Dec 2009, 8:15 pm

sorry...I am Very new to the dating thing...and you guys are right, it was not an official link, it was from a particular "member" profile. :oops: