Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AspergerCH75
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2009, 5:57 am

Hi all

Wondering if anyone could help me. I am at a point in my life where I'd like to meet a lady. I have never been in a relationship before and I really don't know where to look.

I have signed up on a couple of dating sites but I've been advised to look for a lady with similar traits as mine. Are there any dating sites that cater for people with disabilities and people with Aspergers.

What other means would there be to meet and greet other women with Aspergers.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

ElysianDream
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Dec 2009, 6:18 am

This here website :lol: :wink:

wormsto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2009, 6:19 am

me neither. way i see it, either
A) you try to get a neurotypical girl, in which case you are screwed since neurotypical women find us incredibly annoying most of the time.
B) go for an autistic girl. if you get one then great, but they are so rare compared to autistic males that finding a single one will be very hard

emc2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2009, 6:58 am

AspergerCH75 wrote:
Hi all

Wondering if anyone could help me. I am at a point in my life where I'd like to meet a lady. I have never been in a relationship before and I really don't know where to look.

I have signed up on a couple of dating sites but I've been advised to look for a lady with similar traits as mine. Are there any dating sites that cater for people with disabilities and people with Aspergers.

What other means would there be to meet and greet other women with Aspergers.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Women aren't always diagnosed with Asperger's so that person has made that comment, without any knowledge of ASD.

Alex had a dating board but that was mostly people overseas, and I see that you are local to me from a comment on another topic.

However if you are looking specifically to meet other women online, with Asperger's we have a Facebook group, which IS NOT a dating site, but is there to talk about women's issues with Aspergers. Some men have joined that.

The other idea, which is really the best way to meet people is to join groups, like say to do with what your obsessions are, and hope to make friends with people that way, and hopefully there's someone of the opposite sex in the group.

Hope that helps give you something to start with.

Oh also Garry has set up a local Asperger group at UQ, and I think there might be some women in the group. Whether they are looking to date someone or not is another thing altogether.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 7:49 am

I've never dated either, but I don't have a problem with that.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 9:34 am

You also have Aspie Affection which is linked right here on this site next to RSS|Forums and above Support Wrong Planet Awareness.

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.