Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Dec 2009, 7:10 pm

I know there is a lot of guys on here who are very lonely and I know this forum is often a discussion about being unable to find and attract women. I know there is a lot of discussion about "nice guys vs. jerks", unrequited love, and other such maladies. I have been apart of these discussions as well, and I've contributed my thoughts and feelings on the matter of unrequited love, often with a very negative connotation to the subject matter.

However, I've been reading a book lately that makes me hopeful concerning relationships and dating. I've been reading a book by a pickup artist named Mystery called "The Mystery Method: How to get beautiful women into bed". Yes, I know the title sounds very demeaning towards women, and what not.

The Mystery Method, if used to its full potential, is to get women into bed. However, if you use 2/3 of the Mystery Method (like I'm doing myself), it basically teaches you how to attract women and build comfort with them. The basic system is Attract -> Build Comfort -> Seduce. Seduce is the phase where things of a sexual nature are initiated. So you have your own choose of attracting and building comfort, or doing all three, based on your own preference.

This book is very interesting and also very scientific in its approach towards male to female interaction. The guy who wrote this book is a professional Canadian magician who observed all these interactions at his shows and devised a strategy to get women based on his observations.

This book also explains why nice guys fail, which is a question that many guys ask themselves. It explains the mistakes that guys make when trying to attract women, and why women who are attractive tend to be so defensive and what defensive mechanisms they use to basically ward off guys. It also explains how to basically bring down their defenses so that you can actually converse with them to the point where they are deeply interested in you. It does involve some manipulation, but let's be honest, if you're a nice guy, and what you're doing is not working, you may as well try a different method.

I HIGHLY suggest this book to any guy on this forum who just can't seem to attract women and wonders why he's not doing so well. The book is full of technical terminology, but it all makes sense and I think it will benefit guys who use it. Thought I'd throw out a suggestion.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 9:40 pm

I'm sorry, I've just got to post this cartoon.

http://xkcd.com/55/

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2009, 12:05 am

It's solid as hell, but the heavy emphasis on lines and memorized material is kind of weird. The stages of attraction (A1, A2, A3, C1, etc) or whatever it is that he outlines are basically dead on, though. I realized that whenever I f*cked up during some date before I looked into PUA, it was almost always because I just kept things between A2 and A3. In other words, I chickened out and literally had no idea what kind of body language to look for. I kept interpreting all the indicators of interest skeptically because I had zero self-confidence and appreciation of my own value. I had this one girl rest her head on my chest at the movies once and practically sit in my lap at a restaurant and I thought she was "just friends" with me b/c she didn't explicitly indicate she wanted to move the relationship in the direction of something romantic.

Almost everybody here that complains about getting "friend zoned" should read that book. You'll realize that you've been doing everything wrong from almost square one.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2009, 12:18 am

roadGames wrote:
It's solid as hell, but the heavy emphasis on lines and memorized material is kind of weird. The stages of attraction (A1, A2, A3, C1, etc) or whatever it is that he outlines are basically dead on, though. I realized that whenever I f*cked up during some date before I looked into PUA, it was almost always because I just kept things between A2 and A3. In other words, I chickened out and literally had no idea what kind of body language to look for. I kept interpreting all the indicators of interest skeptically because I had zero self-confidence and appreciation of my own value. I had this one girl rest her head on my chest at the movies once and practically sit in my lap at a restaurant and I thought she was "just friends" with me b/c she didn't explicitly indicate she wanted to move the relationship in the direction of something romantic.

Almost everybody here that complains about getting "friend zoned" should read that book. You'll realize that you've been doing everything wrong from almost square one.

Yeah, absolutely agree with you man. It is big on lines, memorized openers, routines, etc, a lot of stuff to memorize. You know, I've pretty much taken notes on A1 at the moment, although I've read A2 as well. I think if I can pull off all three phases of Attraction, I won't need C1-C3, but I'll take a look into it. That book is chocked full of definitions and terminology, you really have to break it down into a system.
Like this:

Three Second Rule --> Opener --> Social Hook point, false time restraints, etc.

It's great stuff really, just wish it was more condensed.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2009, 1:09 am

It's like this is almost a type of intervention for people with AS. I swear to God, 80% of the stuff PUA's talk about is stuff a significant proportion of NT's come with built or either have the capability to implicitly acquire it through real life experience whereas we have to be explicitly told about it.

It's funny how that whole value equalizing thing played out almost literally with this girl I hooked up with recently. She was saying something about how I'm more awesome than she is but that her hotness actually brings her out of my league and doing the bar graph motion with her hands, and I just wasn't having it, lol. Right after that, she (a supposed "lesbian") starts locking lips with me and now we're dating. I didn't do a god damn thing to initiate it. Back when I was a chode about these things, I wouldn't have even had the conversation venture into that or I would've been like "Yeah, you've got a point there" and left it at that. I didn't even think you got into these sorts of BS situations with women before, lol.

It is absolutely critical that you figure out to some extent what's going on with eye contact and get comfortable making eye contact with women before you start doing this stuff, though. A lot of it is in the delivery and not the actual content, and delivery involves body language. Dressing well and being well groomed also always helps.

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 2:06 am

Aimless wrote:

Nice... I thoroughly enjoyed that and certainly can relate.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2009, 10:23 pm

I have read David De Angelo (lame - cocky funny is not cool) and Joseph Matthews (a little better but oh so much to memorize) and also just finished "The Game" (which was really informative) but the bottom line is that all that lame PUA stuff is out there in the world so anytime newbies try to use rote memory stuff/opinion poll openers women already know the lines. THE PARTY'S OVER, GUYS.

No PUA stuff is gonna work until you get your inner game together, show the self-confidence, know the right body language and can IMPROVISE in any conversation and not let it derail. AND dress right AND stop being whiny/needy/misogynist/nice guy/stop opening doors/stop pedestalizing/stop thinking women don't want sex as much as men (if not more so) and STOP with the not believing in yourself sh*t.

One of my favorite PUA's is that guy Gamementor that has a Youtube channel; he's the real deal. Will definitely buy his book whenever it comes out.

Am curious how much push-pull, humor and "negs" Mystery uses. Care to share a little without violating copyright???
Thanks.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2009, 6:35 am

polymathpoolplayer wrote:
I have read David De Angelo (lame - cocky funny is not cool) and Joseph Matthews (a little better but oh so much to memorize) and also just finished "The Game" (which was really informative) but the bottom line is that all that lame PUA stuff is out there in the world so anytime newbies try to use rote memory stuff/opinion poll openers women already know the lines. THE PARTY'S OVER, GUYS.

No PUA stuff is gonna work until you get your inner game together, show the self-confidence, know the right body language and can IMPROVISE in any conversation and not let it derail. AND dress right AND stop being whiny/needy/misogynist/nice guy/stop opening doors/stop pedestalizing/stop thinking women don't want sex as much as men (if not more so) and STOP with the not believing in yourself sh*t.

One of my favorite PUA's is that guy Gamementor that has a Youtube channel; he's the real deal. Will definitely buy his book whenever it comes out.

Am curious how much push-pull, humor and "negs" Mystery uses. Care to share a little without violating copyright???
Thanks.

Mystery created the entire concept of the "neg" (more like gave it a name, really, because naturals have been using this for eons likely). I personally don't use any lines besides maybe a few openers I created myself and I'd say that second paragraph is basically a prerequisite to anything PUA. Unfortunately, if you have the 'bergers, the body language part is going to be tricky, but certainly learnable. It's helpful to have a good friend keep an eye on it for you sometimes.

People tell me I look like a jonas brother, so I used that as an opinion opener sometimes (you can imagine what it is I'm sure). I ended up using one night on this girl I later "ejected from set" on because her friends were trying to get her to go grab a drink or something. Later on, when I saw her at a completely different party, she was like "Oh hey jonas, I remember you! Well, just so you know, I'm Miley Cyrus" and I told her "you know we're broken up, right? I probably shouldn't be talking to you right now" to which she responds something like "noooo come back, jonas" as I start to look like I'm leaving. I think the opinion opener must've been memorable enough for her (the "lesbian" girl I'm now dating) to remember me after what was a very short conversation and it ended up creating a fun dynamic during the time she reopened me. Canned openers aren't so bad as long as you've come up with them yourself I'd say.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 11:53 am

Aimless wrote:

There is a book called Geek Logic (can find it on ThinkGeek, I think) that uses basic algebra - though some of the equations are huge - to help you 'solve' life's problems. They have a section on dating.

Yeah, it's tongue-in-cheek, but it's fun anyway. :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2009, 2:32 pm

RampionRampage wrote:
Aimless wrote:

There is a book called Geek Logic (can find it on ThinkGeek, I think) that uses basic algebra - though some of the equations are huge - to help you 'solve' life's problems. They have a section on dating.

Yeah, it's tongue-in-cheek, but it's fun anyway. :)

Oh Lord, I'm doomed. I passed algebra 2 on a pity pass because the teacher knew I couldn't get into college without it.