Empathising Quotient and Systemising Quotient (EQ SQ) tests

Page 3 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which type are you according to these EQ SQ tests?
Type E ('female brain') 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Type S ('male brain') 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Type B ('balanced brain') 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Extreme Type E ('extreme female brain') 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Extreme Type S ('extreme male brain') 84%  84%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 69

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 12:04 pm

16 EQ 97 SQ

I 'lost' points on the SQ because I spend zero energy systematizing things I am not interested in (like bills, legal papers etc). Any systematizing is applied to things that are interesting.

esh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: A Consciousness Between Quarks (My physical presence belongs to Estonia)

09 Feb 2011, 12:34 pm

EQ - 9 when I first took the test a few months ago on another site, which had somewhat different questions, I scored 12.
SQ - 132 - Extreme Systemizing when I first took it on another site I scored around 126 but it had less questions.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 1:31 pm

I don't like the extreme male/extreme female brain thing. I think it has caused significant problems for women with autism. But I am okay with the empathy vs systemizer language. I think it is more accurate, I think engendering these traits are what is causing many of the diagnostic issues women and girls on the spectrum face, and why there is a professional bias.

For example, librarians, which is a female dominated profession, is filled with systemizers. That is the problem I have with this, engendering these traits, rather than keeping them gender neutral, makes things more difficult and complicated in alot of regards. Alot of women are categorizers for example. So I find engendering this as fundimentally flawed to a point, ce le vie.

Like I said
For the record EQ: 21, SQ: 87

Then again, I am a Daria in a world filled with Quinn(s).

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 2:34 pm

starygrrl wrote:
I don't like the extreme male/extreme female brain thing. I think it has caused significant problems for women with autism. But I am okay with the empathy vs systemizer language. I think it is more accurate, I think engendering these traits are what is causing many of the diagnostic issues women and girls on the spectrum face, and why there is a professional bias.

I think they did a big disservice by using male/female brain instead of sticking with EQ/SQ. Even if statistically there is a gender difference (indeed it looks like it from their data), the male/female terminology is too polarizing and it makes people think of gender politics.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Feb 2011, 2:37 pm

That's because "extreme male brain" terminology is gender politics. It also requires emphasizing some autistic traits while ignoring others.

Having traits that are similar to traits typically observed in men doesn't mean having a male brain. Many of those traits are socialized, not neurobiological in origin, and do not manifest in the same way at all.

EQ: 18
SQ: 91
Extreme systemizer

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 2:53 pm

Verdandi wrote:
That's because "extreme male brain" terminology is gender politics. It also requires emphasizing some autistic traits while ignoring others.

Having traits that are similar to traits typically observed in men doesn't mean having a male brain. Many of those traits are socialized, not neurobiological in origin, and do not manifest in the same way at all.

Exactly, and this is the primary reason why Cohen is so flawed as a researcher compared to others.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 4:11 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
I 'lost' points on the SQ because I spend zero energy systematizing things I am not interested in (like bills, legal papers etc). Any systematizing is applied to things that are interesting.

Yeah, me too. I find it almost impossible even to think about finances, much less organize them.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

09 Feb 2011, 4:15 pm

Yensid wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

Yeah, me too. I find it almost impossible even to think about finances, much less organize them.

Yeah, same. I used to have good habits in this regard, but they simply didn't hold up under the stress of daily life and ADHD.

Silachan

09 Feb 2011, 5:42 pm

EQ: 12 SQ: 86
Extreme Systemizing

Though I kind of contest that a bit. I'm an empath for sure- I just don't understand some things like why someone would get upset over something small and insignificant, body language, etc. I feel when someone (i care about) is upset or angry, even if I can't physically see it in their face.

Though empathy is an interesting thing... You can't really be empathetic if someone isn't coming to you about something, so it's kind of a give and take.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 6:12 pm

My EQ is 25. I didn't take the SQ quiz.

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 6:22 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Yensid wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

Yeah, same. I used to have good habits in this regard, but they simply didn't hold up under the stress of daily life and ADHD.

This reminds me of the time that I set up this nicely organized box with folders for every possible category. I set it up with all the pens and pencils and everything that I could possibly need to organize my finances. I then put this box on a shelf and never touched it again.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2011, 6:52 pm

How does this work?

I scored 30 on the empathy test and 26 on the SQ one, but it said that I was "Type S", but my EQ appears to be higher than my SQ.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

skonamis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Feb 2011, 8:35 am

Your Score/21/62/Extreme Systemizing

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 9:00 am

ocdgirl123 wrote:
How does this work?

I scored 30 on the empathy test and 26 on the SQ one, but it said that I was "Type S", but my EQ appears to be higher than my SQ.

The difference between the two scores isn't large. But I would have thought you would have been balanced instead of systematizing.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 12:16 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
ocdgirl123 wrote:
How does this work?

The difference between the two scores isn't large. But I would have thought you would have been balanced instead of systematizing.

Yeah, that's what I though to, maybe it's because I chose "systematizing" when the test asked if I thought I was empathizing or systematizing. I thought I was probably balanced though.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

rbnnybt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2011, 12:23 am

EQ 20, SQ 121, Extreme Systemizing.

I became very confused that the word was systemizing instead of systematizing! I didn't think systemizing was a word. Then I googled it and the definition was "To systematize". 8)