Thank you Richie!! :sunny:
:santa: :rendeer:

JohnG
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Dec 2009, 11:16 am

Meadow wrote:
Hi evryone,

Just a quick intro. I had early infantile autism. As a young child I was a 'little professor' type with a photographic memory who memorized everything I saw or heard. My language and communication was limited to those sort of things. Otherwise, I was completely unable to bond, make connections or advocate for my own personal needs. Language, verbal speech and communication are difficult for me to this day. I also have what is known as Sensory Processing Disorder and am on the hyper-sensitive end. I have lots of trouble with this and also with socializing, in general.

I guess that's about it. I have a hard time with making friends.

:D

Well, sorry but I don't know what you mean by Sensory Processing Disorder, unless you are saying you have sensory issues, then I can understand.

Also, personally for me, I don't think I was and still is unable to bond or make friends "completely." I'm just lazy to get out and socialize, but I am confident that I will find love with the opposite sex one of these days.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 11:26 am

The internet is great if you wanted to learn something about it.
And we aren't all exactly alike even if we have the same diagnosis.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 11:38 am

Meadow wrote:
Thank you guys so much! SoulcakeDuck, Tektek and I_wanna_blue, I really just needed those extra welcomes. :D :D :D
Yeah, I've been around to a few threads already. It isn't easy to put yourself out there but it's great to have the opportunity to try.

I know how it can feel when you're new. It took me some time to pick up speed as well, but don't worry nobody is going to shoot you down people here are understanding.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 11:46 am

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
Meadow wrote:
Thank you guys so much! SoulcakeDuck, Tektek and I_wanna_blue, I really just needed those extra welcomes. :D :D :D
Yeah, I've been around to a few threads already. It isn't easy to put yourself out there but it's great to have the opportunity to try.

I know how it can feel when you're new. It took me some time to pick up speed as well, but don't worry nobody is going to shoot you down people here are understanding.

*sigh* That's great to hear. Thanks SoulcakeDuck :)

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 9:00 pm

Meadow wrote:
I was going to say sorry for making you blush but it looks like it's okay.
Thanks Scientist!
It's OK, making me blush ;)

Meadow wrote:
I'm also a gifted artist and am grateful for that! :D
I was wondering: What kind of art do you produce?

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 9:22 pm

That's sweet and I'm glad.

Thank you for asking Scientist. I work with many different mediums: Watercolor, Oil and Acrylic Paints and Pastels and have done Portraits, Flowers and Landscapes in those mediums, as well as several different series' of intricate, complicated designwork and patterns with acrylic paint and colored pencil as well as Stained Glass, Needle Craft and beaded Loomwork Designs and Patterns including sculpture work in both clay and wood. That doesn't cover everything but seems excessive enough as it is. :D

Thank you!! :santa:

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 9:34 pm

Meadow wrote:
That's sweet and I'm glad.

Thank you for asking Scientist. I work with many different mediums: Watercolor, Oil and Acrylic Paints and Pastels and have done Portraits, Flowers and Landscapes in those mediums, as well as several different series' of intricate, complicated designwork and patterns with acrylic paint and colored pencil as well as Stained Glass, Needle Craft and beaded Loomwork Designs and Patterns including sculpture work in both clay and wood. That doesn't cover everything but seems excessive enough as it is. :D

Thank you!! :santa:
THAT'S A LOT!! ! 8O
If you have any of your work on a website, I'd like to see it, if you don't mind me asking.

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 10:07 pm

I don't have a published website yet but I'm working on it. I'll let you know though when I do. Thank you... :D

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 11:27 pm

Meadow wrote:
I don't have a published website yet but I'm working on it. I'll let you know though when I do. Thank you... :D
OK, thanks! ;)