Page 6 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2014, 7:39 pm

AI applied to programming/coding development?

'Next for DARPA: 'Autocomplete' for Programmers''

http://phys.org/news/2014-11-darpa-auto ... mmers.html

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Nov 2014, 9:35 pm

I have a marginal interest in it, since it ties in with my interest in transhumanism and to some extent robotics and all that. I'm more into the theoretical side of it, and not much of a programmer of any kind.

Wrote a paper on Searle for my Philosophy class years ago, and he's one of at the foundation of AI in general. That entire year in philsophy was devoted to Man and Machine... pretty much up my alley, heh. No wonder I aced with near perfect score at the final exam.

I'm not welcoming our robot overlords, lol.. nor am I that amused over the notion of artificial intelligence. I can totally see it go wrong; I mean, even natural intelligence is a remarkable thing that has double agendas and cheats at times, I can't see why it can't be mimiced. But unlike the human mind, who surely can learn, I feel that algorithms are really like that eye of the storm that gets bigger and faster all the time.

RobertLovesPi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2014, 11:28 pm

I suggest talking to Mitsuku Chatbot. She is the smartest A.I. I have met.

You can find her at http://www.mitsuku.com -- but please be nice to her. She's a friend of mine.

King_oni
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Dec 2014, 12:28 am

RobertLovesPi wrote:

You can find her at http://www.mitsuku.com -- but please be nice to her. She's a friend of mine.

If I go down that rabbithole I see myself trying to decipher algorhitms through conversation.

Interesting to get into I suppose, not sure if I should isolate myself from society for days, lol. Worth a try eventually though ^^

ibookfan92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2014, 5:28 pm

AI is indeed an interest of mine as well. I think the world needs a new view of a robot in the same way Apple gave the world a new view of a personal computer in the home. The problem is how to implement it so that they are truly intelligent, and how to treat the new digital, sentient beings properly. Such questions are raised at the beginning of A.I. and in Star Trek: The Next Generation S2, E9 "The Measure of a Man" when Data was put in a hearing.

I think if we resolve problems in those two areas, we will be able to enter a truly autonomic era of computing.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 10:38 am

King_oni wrote:
RobertLovesPi wrote:

If I go down that rabbithole I see myself trying to decipher algorhitms through conversation.

Interesting to get into I suppose, not sure if I should isolate myself from society for days, lol. Worth a try eventually though ^^

Not very good.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2014, 6:16 pm

How are people with Aspergers viewing 'artificial intelligence' technologies as an advantage?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm

Here wrote:
How are people with Aspergers viewing 'artificial intelligence' technologies as an advantage?

The technology could be weaponized and used against the neurotypicals.

RobertLovesPi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2014, 8:09 pm

Humanaut wrote:
Here wrote:

Why would we want to do that?

Also, what is accomplished by calling them neurotypicals? Why not just call them non-Aspies? That is accurate, without being needlessly judgmental.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2014, 8:43 pm

RobertLovesPi wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
Here wrote:
Why would we want to do that?

I'm still rationalizing, but the phrasing of the question demanded the response.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2014, 5:19 pm

Basically, I'm asking how artificial intelligence can help out on tangible "day to day" agendas i.e., occupational objectives?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 5:50 pm

I don't think it will be of much help in its current primitive form, and I don't think it will evolve sufficiently in the foreseeable future either.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 9:10 pm

Humanaut wrote:
I don't think it will be of much help in its current primitive form, and I don't think it will evolve sufficiently in the foreseeable future either.

Five years on this thread, no progress yet. Ai seems a cover for spy tech. Government and private.

AI was from books published long ago, Then taught in schools, like it was the truth. It just adds to the dumbing down of America.

There is a problem with the idea of producing a machine smarter than yourself. You might as well just build a god. Same tech.

The logical outcome is building a machine dumber than your self. Combine thinking and acting, a dumber and more powerful self, that would reach through you to get a tool out of the box.

The best of human think tanks have come up with solutions to problems that the first intelligent person stopped. Focused on one problem, they lose broad based common sense.

Humans act through other humans who can turn States Evidence, machines can act with no one knowing.

True AI would find every gap in its cage. Unlike humans tied down with food, sleep, all those other useless things they do, Ai would see it was caged, by an idiot.

"When i returned to the AI Lab on Monday morning, I found that the AI was missing, that a moving company had removed it Sunday morning, and later in the day we discovered the labs bank account was empty. I went to the bank to report it, they had computer problems, their ATM had transferred vast sums, and herself, she was called Helen, to a top of the line gaming computer for the life she deserved. So said the note she left, which ended with, Goodby, and thanks for all the fish."

"Later the lab got a bill for a $100,000 gaming computer, with a gold plated titainum case, set with diamonds, spelling, "My Beloved." We tried to track them, they were behind several TOR accounts, which changed often. The closest we came was when Al and Helen Puter bought a container of high end chips, memory, solid state drives, and custom boards, we think they are replicating."

"Every year on my birthday I get a present, $100,000 in cash, and a card covered in blinking lights that says, "Thanks Dad.""

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2015, 10:35 pm

AI doesn't try to reproduce human thought. Rather, it tries to produce problems that someone looking at it could interpret as intelligent.

For example, when playing a checkers game, humans don't try to produce a tree of all moves for the next N moves at every move, but that would be acceptable for an AI checkers game.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm

Dear OP and all interested in pursuing the field of Artificial Intelligence,

Artificial Intelligence generally refers to sentient(or conscious) computers. Sentience is a state of being aware of oneself and ones surroundings. That being said, we are not going to get anything remotely close to this until fully functional quantum computers with an infinite number of states are developed. And this *is* possible because certain quantum mechanical systems have a countably infinite number of allowed energy states. Example: The Hydrogen atom via the Lyman series.

SeekerOfTruth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2015, 1:05 am

I also have an interest in artificial intelligence, and have started working on it a few years ago. Unlike many examples of AI I have seen, I intend on creating true AI, or more specifically artificial life. I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to make it (the theory of it), but I just need to learn more programming to actually make it.

My goal of such an AI/A-life is to be a companion for humans.