Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 2:30 pm

Have you ever asked your brothers and sisters what they feel towards you? Apart from 'I love you because your my sister/brother'?

I once asked my brother that. He says he's always admired me because of my good memory. For some things, anyway. He says he's never been able to figure out how it is possible that I can memorize cartoons(including entire series) and movies from begining to end. I'd recite the entire thing for him. Even act it out. :lol:

Or how I remembered so much about certain subjects. He even comes to me for information on what the cat's feeling or thinking, and why she's doing what she's doing. I can only tell so much, from my reading about feline body language, and my reading on cats in general.

But he likes to hear me recite facts and trivia on anything that's of interest to me. Likes to hear what I pick up using my hypersensitive hearing and eavesdropping skills. :lol:

It was actually a good feeling, seeing that my someone in my family actually thinks highly of me.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 2:38 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Have you ever asked your brothers and sisters what they feel towards you? Apart from 'I love you because your my sister/brother'?

I once asked my brother that. He says he's always admired me because of my good memory. For some things, anyway. He says he's never been able to figure out how it is possible that I can memorize cartoons(including entire series) and movies from begining to end. I'd recite the entire thing for him. Even act it out. :lol:

Or how I remembered so much about certain subjects. He even comes to me for information on what the cat's feeling or thinking, and why she's doing what she's doing. I can only tell so much, from my reading about feline body language, and my reading on cats in general.

But he likes to hear me recite facts and trivia on anything that's of interest to me. Likes to hear what I pick up using my hypersensitive hearing and eavesdropping skills. :lol:

It was actually a good feeling, seeing that my someone in my family actually thinks highly of me.

My older brother is a total prick. I idolized him growing up and he just ignored the hell out of me.
When his marriage failed and he moved back home, he was nasty to me.
Aaaand a few weeks ago his wife's dad died and he didn't tell me. I didn't find out until four days later, the morning of the funeral.
I like(d) both his wives better than him.

I met my birth family when I was 17. My older sister was dx'd AS before I was (we were both diagnosed as adults).

My younger half-brother has some kind of learning disorder that I don't hink has been diagnosed. I can't understand a word he says --- both literally and topic-wise.

I really only talk to my older sister.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 3:12 pm

I have an NT younger sister...she has her own issues though...
I basically have no bond with her whatsoever...growing up, i was a constant source of embarrassment to her.
As adults, we are pretty much strangers...
kinda sad I guess...

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 3:24 pm

I know how he feels. He despises me. Why?

Because, in his own words, I am too logical. I make too much sense. I am too unemotional when in a stressful situation. I am way too calm and calculating. I'm too "robotic".
He hates that I almost never, ever yell. I use too many "big words" and I sound smarter than everyone else. I listen to bands that few people have ever heard of. I stayed in my room too much and never spent enough time with the family.
The guys I dated were ugly and he hates them too. He hates that I dress modestly, rather than wearing revealing clothes like normal teenaged girls wore. He hates that I ate nutritious foods, and I would rather order a salad at a restaurant than the huge mega-caloric special.
He hates that when we get into an argument about facts, I go on the internet to pull up facts to prove my point.
I am usually right and I seldom do wrong. It makes everyone else look bad and he hates it.

:roll:

Now that I no longer live in the same house as he does, he hates that I am successful and happy and content with my life. He predicted that I would get pregnant immediately, and my fiance and I would break up and I would come crying back home in a few months, but that has never happened. I proved him wrong.
In fact, me and my fiance have been together for almost two years now. I am also not pregnant.
He hates that.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by CleverKitten on 07 Dec 2009, 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

07 Dec 2009, 3:24 pm

I have never asked my brothers what they thought of me as a sibling. I know they said I was annoying growing up but that's normal sibling behavior. I thought they were annoying too and wanted them on the adoption list lol because they were messy and didn't see them as good boys.
I also know I was an embarrassment to them because mom told me when I was 16 I embarrass them with my behavior because of my meltdowns and anxiety. Hard times then. Going through my teen years and being a typical teen. She said part of it was part of being a teen and the other parts were due to my anxiety. But yet she still got mad at me about it as if I could control my anxiety and turn it off :roll:
When my 21 year old brother was little, he was protective of me and looked after me starting at when he was four or five. He had always been sensitive towards other people from a very young age and even he looked after his younger brother too. He was also protective of some other kids at his school and would tell on his friends or other kids when they be mean to other kids and then they all be pissed with him and give him the silent treatment until they were over it.
He doesn't have any disabilities really as far as I know but my 19 year old brother has color blindness, depression and SAD. He also had a few aspie traits, the sensitive smell and taste, dislike of being touched, wanted things a certain way when he was little but then outgrew that phase, and he had difficulty with transition to change. He had difficulty fitting in at times too my mom says. He also has a mild case of ashma I hear and some other health problem I can't remember. I don't know if he still has it or not. He also had difficulty in school starting in sixth grade but I don't know if he has a learning difficulty or not. He also refused to do his school work and struggled with it and my parents had to fight with him to do it. One of the problems was his teacher he had for one of his classes in seventh grade but she was eventually fired. Even other stupids had difficulty with her.

Now we have all grown up and moved out of the house. I don't speak to them and they don't speak to me. We're not mad at each other.

Vyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 4:21 pm

My brother is extremely different than me, yet seems to idolize and emulate me, to the best of his abilities. Which sucks because he could easily be a very social acceptable guy. He was an excellent tight end in HS football, even won states. Had girlfriends, was well liked, but had to study to do well in school. In other words, an almost completely perfectly normal kid. Whereas I was continually "the smart one" and never studied, never did sports, was ridiculed or feared in school. For some reason, he seems to think that just because I'm smarter than he was (and intellectually, I am, but he ended up getting better grades because he cared and tried) I am better. And it's sad because he can have a perfectly normal life if he just continues as is. Unfortunately, the only time he didn't listen to me was the one time I REALLY wish he had. He joined the marines. Damn stupid recruiter gave him ret*d ideas. Thankfully, he agree's with my "I told you so" but I still wish he wouldn't've done it.

So I guess you could say that he is trying to be me. And I have no idea why ><

I am Jon Stewart with some Colbert cynicism, Thomas Edison's curiousity, wrapped around a hardcore gamer sprinkled very liberally with Deadpool, and finished off with an almost Poison Ivy-esque love/hate relationship with humanity flourish.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 4:40 pm

My sister thinks that I'm too much into the last century, meaning the 1960s.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 5:11 pm

My sister doesn't have any disabilities or disorders, but she's very accepting of me. She loved me even when I was severely Autistic and now she works with people with special needs. We're not as close as we used to be though, probably because she moved out before I could start sharing things with her. She's more of an Aunt to me now.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 5:22 pm

My sister does show traits of AS, because she has asthma.

She's very accepting of me, but doesn't understand what AS is.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 5:50 pm

no

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 6:59 pm

Im the oldest of three and had my official DX about a year ago. My brothers (both NT as far as we can tell) and I got along well, as far as i can tell, and shared a lot of the same interests growing up. Everything that we did as a group was at a 2:1 vote democracy (mainly for watching TV :lol: ), but we grew out of that as we found out where our interests overlapped (hooray for BattleTech, Magic: The Gathering, Exo-Squad, and numerous other interests/hobbies). I found out later, though, that there were times i ranted about things (typically involving my father) that didnt happen but my mind concluded they did, or would. That aside, i think i would not be in as good a mental position now if they weren't in my life :D . . . >.> just dont tell them i said that. :lol:

bhetti
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 7:54 pm

now that my dad is dead, no one in my family is particularly interested in me, which is ok. my mother occasionally tries to revive some kind of relationship, but it wouldn't be about me at all, it would simply be to satisfy her abnormal emotional needs, so I'm not interested.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 8:01 pm

Yes, all of my siblings are NT, it sucks being the only one in the family with autism :( and what's worst is im older than most of my siblings and they normally see me as younger and sometimes immature for my age.
But also I'm also scared to ask because sometimes I show negative impact when i'm having a stupid meltdown and they generally remind me what I end up doing wrong.

CleverKitten wrote:
Now that I no longer live in the same house as he does, he hates that I am successful and happy and content with my life. He predicted that I would get pregnant immediately, and my fiance and I would break up and I would come crying back home in a few months, but that has never happened. I proved him wrong.
In fact, me and my fiance have been together for almost two years now. I am also not pregnant.
He hates that.

Similar lifestyle but the only difference is, im not engaged/married and i'm not having any luck with mine.... She unfortunelately see's me as friends :(, its good enough I guess. :? I came home crying.....
Glad things are going good between you and your fiance :) you both are truly blessed and you proved your brother wrong, very good on ya :D
CleverKitten, it also sounded like your brother wasn't very nice either or sounds rather jealous? Has he been like that since you went with your fiance or did it like happen before that?

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
My sister does show traits of AS, because she has asthma.

She's very accepting of me, but doesn't understand what AS is.

What sort of traits does she show?
Just because she has asthma, it doesn't nessesairly mean that they have aspergers. :lol:
I know a lots of people who have aspergers and they don't suffer asthma.

PlatedDrake wrote:
Im the oldest of three and had my official DX about a year ago. My brothers (both NT as far as we can tell) and I got along well, as far as i can tell, and shared a lot of the same interests growing up. Everything that we did as a group was at a 2:1 vote democracy (mainly for watching TV :lol: ), but we grew out of that as we found out where our interests overlapped (hooray for BattleTech, Magic: The Gathering, Exo-Squad, and numerous other interests/hobbies). I found out later, though, that there were times i ranted about things (typically involving my father) that didnt happen but my mind concluded they did, or would. That aside, i think i would not be in as good a mental position now if they weren't in my life :D . . . >.> just dont tell them i said that. :lol:

Me too, im unfortunelately the second oldest in the family and was diagnosed years ago, I only found out I was autistic when I was 13, I wasn't happy with it and wishing I was living like my NT siblings.
Don't worry, I won't say that you did. :lol:
I would be even more frustrated if I only found out like a year later because then I would be thinking? Why i'm I behaving like this or why do I keep getting bullied or feeling awkard with people and it would take me alot of things to find out until the last minute...
I didn't speak until I was 3 and a half years and yes my parents did notice it luckly... If they didn't, it would of been rough.

superboyian.

Last edited by superboyian on 08 Dec 2009, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 8:08 pm

I haven't seen my brother for four years.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 9:26 pm

I haven't talked to or seen my siblings in years. Last I knew my sister was a cocaine addict, my first brother was wanted by the police and my other brother was also a drug addict and was in the process of divorcing his mail order bride. Welcome to my family. Somehow I am the most normal one :?:

Nonetheless, I don't really care what any of them think of me.

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2009, 11:56 am

superboyian wrote:
CleverKitten, it also sounded like your brother wasn't very nice either or sounds rather jealous? Has he been like that since you went with your fiance or did it like happen before that?

He has been like that ever since he started puberty. :shrug: I have no idea why.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/