Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

meiatonin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2006, 2:45 pm

God is pretty intelligent...He delivers directives in the bible with intelligence and clarity...He's also pretty stupid...He says an eye for an eye and then sends a son down called Jesus Christ who contradicts what he's said by saying let he who has not sinned cast the first stone...So it seems to me god is a mixture of intelligence and stupidity which is symptomatic of MFA - medium functioning autism...He's reclusive and has all consuming interests like creating universes and filling them with life and discipling people in them and he often doesn't communicate in a reciprocative manner which is indicative of an autistic mind...I think the reason autism is so prevalent is because it is written in God's plans because God is himself autistic...He is vain and wants to spread more of his own kind...I've got him all sussed out...

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2006, 3:17 pm

Interesting theory.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2006, 3:26 pm

Hello, meiatonin.

That isn't the worst understanding of the bible I've come across,
(Candidates forwarded on request)
but it does follow a classic pattern of interpretation, that of "reading in" what one brings to the text. You should see what, for example, a femininst, Marxist, or liberal English perspective can get out of the same accounts.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2006, 5:37 pm

Someones been on the mushrooms

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2006, 5:58 pm

Jesus was an aspie - you know it runs in families. It's a type of engineer job I spose, being God.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 1:13 am

Laz wrote:
Someones been on the mushrooms

Crack kills, sayeth the lord.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 1:42 am

I could see an autistic being pissed that his creation - man, turned into so many stupid NTs.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 2:36 am

Well they did mate with some other species, nephalim or something, that may be where the NT genes got into the pool.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Feb 2006, 9:09 pm

You know those threads you see every now and then where people speculate which celebrities have Asperger's/HFA/whatever? This is like, every one of those threads combined times ten. ASPIE GOD!

I think Jesus was goth, I'm just gonna throw that out there. If Jesus were still alive, he'd listen to Bauhaus and Christian Death while smoking cloves with his D&D playing friends. His tastes in fashion were a little out there (how many people around 1 AD wore immaculate white robes?), he expressed interest in vampirism, and he turned water into red wine (the second gothest drink in existence). Furthermore, no historical figure has been more influential to goth music (though Shakespeare comes close), and you'd be hard pressed to find someone with more dramatic piercings. If you think bridge labrets are hardcore, try getting some through your wrists.

See? I can play the "recreate a deity in your own image" game too.

[edit]: But don't get me wrong, I think you're on to something there.