Online dating and why it works for shy guys.

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Rocker82
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Feb 2010, 4:22 pm

I'm in plentyoffish.com and I've send a couple of email messages to a few girls and they've replied to me,but no success to met them.Another thing,I also emailed other girls on the same site,but they don't reply to me at all,but I'll keep on trying no matter the circumstances.Men who have AS have a good advantage of meeting a women from a dating site,rather than talking to women in person.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 6:58 pm

If you don't have any luck you either aren't trying hard enough or you are too picky.

Either get over it or stop whining.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2010, 6:59 pm

It didn't work for me but, then again, I'm not overly bothered by that.

dtoxic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Feb 2010, 3:29 am

I made my breakthrough online, after decades of fruitlessly sitting by myself in bars pretending I'd get lucky one night. On a dating site I can describe myself in writing, then have several email (written) contacts before having to improvise small talk on the phone or in person - something I'm terrible at with women I'm just meeting for the first time, but not with women I've talked to in writing first. The icebreaking is what I can't do live, and online dating neatly avoids that necessity.
I should add that my purpose in online dating was primarily to get laid for the first time, and secondarily to get a GF. I accomplished both (with the same person) after nosing around for a couple months on a dating site that had kind of low attendance.
I broke up with this woman last May and have not resumed looking, either online or otherwise, because I solved the V-card problem, and now with some perspective on the downside of being in a relationship I am no longer as eager to hook up. I miss the sex, but not the hassle, that this relationship provided.
I have gone back to bars once or twice since the breakup, not with a lot of hope, but mostly just to break up cabin fever, get some noise and look at some actual live women. My confidence at the bar game had not gone up any since losing my virginity, which was a surprise. I thought the breakthrough would solve more problems than it did. I'm still the same person I was, with a long-sought experience finally under my belt. I sympathize with the shy nice-guy virgins on here in general, but I would definitely caution you guys against thinking that your first breakthrough is going to miraculously change all kinds of things in your life.

PeterCap
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2017, 10:36 am

I've been in an online dating game for 5 month now. I started from POF and Eharmony, but I hadn't got much luck on this wesites. I had pretty low conversion rate and honestly its very depressing when you send a lot of messages and didn't get any reponses. After this I made some adjustments to my strategy and on match I performed a little better and was even able to arrange an actual date. One thing that I understand is that you need to educate yourself on the subject of online dating(there are plenty of materials about it) before you start sending messages, because its a completely different ball game compared to traditional with a different set of rules. Right now I'm testing my 4-th dating site that I was advised to try and as of now i hadn't got enough information to give you a comprehensive review but after some time, I'm gonna share my experience with this site as well. Stay tuned!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2017, 12:59 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
therange wrote:
I don't understand the problem with online dating. I just have those two pics up and say "I'm looking to meet new women and have good conversation" and while not every woman responds to me, I have 3 women currently that have agreed to a date, and the reason it isn't happening sooner than later is because of location differences (about an hour away).

That's not dating. That's meeting up (or hanging out if you have already met the person in question)... I still don't get how people can "date" someone they've just met...

By going on a date with them...?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Apr 2017, 2:05 am

hale_bopp wrote:
If you don't have any luck you either aren't trying hard enough or you are too picky.

Either get over it or stop whining.
I messaged most any women I thought might be willing to give me a chance & I was extremely lucky if I got any replies. I have disabilities in addition to my Aspergers that really limited me thou. I had better luck on dating sites with forums cuz I posted alot but those women weren't interested in me romantically cuz of distance &/or age but we did have some good conversations about stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition