Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2009, 9:41 pm

I was watching the cbs evening news because I was on after jepordy and they were talking about mispent stimulus money.We spent over a million dollors on get this a skate park.Which if I was able to vote and they allowed people to vote on it I would have voted against because I cant stand skater kids they are douchebags.The worst part is they dont use it the still skate in busy parking lots and other areas they shouldn't.Now every one is gonna see us as a bunch of idiots.Like look its one of those idiots that built a multimillion skate park in a bad neighborhood.Near the infamous prospect heights.The city I refer to is Pawtucket,Rhode Island.For further information thats pronounced {Pa-tuck-et} not how the lady on the news said {Paw-tuk-et} which is incorrect and annoying.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 9:51 pm

Indeed, because a majority of inner city kids are as uncoordinated and disinterested in skating as I am that it makes no sense to give them a park for this dull activity. It's a genius idea to keep low-income pre-adolescents and adolescents bored with nothing to do other than join gangs because of some limbic hatred of "skater kids".

Thank God and Ayn Rand for the short-sighted irrational self-interest that has come to dominate 21st century American politics!

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2009, 7:37 pm

The thing the irratates me about the skate park is the kids are so ungrateful about because they still do it where there not supposed to like busy parking lots and the middle of a busy street.The other reason is there are other things our city needs more our roads and infestructure is falling apart and some of the schools are the worst in the state and suffering from finacial problems and the state is suffering from a defict so there goes state aid.Kids would be joining gangs if the school was teaching with methods,material,and techonology from the 1980's to the mid 90's and lack of teachers.So its not shortminded self intrest its just a waste of over a million dollars to people who are gonna be completly ungrateful.A skate park is no substitute for a good education.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 9:37 pm

MagnusArmstrong wrote:
The thing the irratates me about the skate park is the kids are so ungrateful about because they still do it where there not supposed to like busy parking lots and the middle of a busy street.The other reason is there are other things our city needs more our roads and infestructure is falling apart and some of the schools are the worst in the state and suffering from finacial problems and the state is suffering from a defict so there goes state aid.Kids would be joining gangs if the school was teaching with methods,material,and techonology from the 1980's to the mid 90's and lack of teachers.So its not shortminded self intrest its just a waste of over a million dollars to people who are gonna be completly ungrateful.A skate park is no substitute for a good education.

If you are not going to get a good education anyway you might as well at least learn to skate. It's not the most anti-social activity around.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2009, 11:02 pm

I couldn't ever learn to skate I cant even walk without out almost falling on my ass because my balace is so bad.Due to a chiari malformation.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2009, 11:03 pm

I couldn't ever learn to skate I cant even walk without out almost falling on my ass because my balace is so bad.Due to a chiari malformation.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 11:41 pm

MagnusArmstrong wrote:

Then it seems you are upset by other people who can skate. What te hell, You might as well get an education.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2009, 12:07 am

No its not that,what annoys me about them is they built a skate park but they dont use it the skate in a parking lot which is against the law.I dont see the point in pay over a million dollors on something thats no one is gonna use where I could have been used thet the community or the children could of used alot more.I dont see why everyone is makeing a big like I have some problem with skaters.What I can't stand about them is there punks,they thinks parking lots are for them to skate in when cars are always going in an out of them.I dont see the point in building a skate park when the skaters don't use it has in it was like taking the money and flushing it down the toilet.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 12:13 am

MagnusArmstrong wrote:
No its not that,what annoys me about them is they built a skate park but they dont use it the skate in a parking lot which is against the law.I dont see the point in pay over a million dollors on something thats no one is gonna use where I could have been used thet the community or the children could of used alot more.I dont see why everyone is makeing a big like I have some problem with skaters.What I can't stand about them is there punks,they thinks parking lots are for them to skate in when cars are always going in an out of them.I dont see the point in building a skate park when the skaters don't use it has in it was like taking the money and flushing it down the toilet.

A million here, a million there, what the hell. In these days when multiple billions are thrown down bottomless holes to bail out billionaire bankers a million is hardly worth noticing.