I think this is a good sign!

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2006, 7:35 pm

Today on my way off campus I ran into a girl from one of my classes, who I've had several lengthy conversations with before with a lot of steady, prolonged eye contact. She told me on Valentine's day that she was single. We've also e-mailed once, and she was really friendly...yet she seems to be a somewhat quiet girl that doesn't tend to get noticed, being a little heavyset...but I think she's sexy and I felt drawn to her the first time I saw her. Oh, and on Valentine's Day she was complaining to me about how people shouldn't give flowers because they die ("Beau" here knows about that), and I told her I'd be happy to receive flowers from her. That was followed by "awwww!"

Anyways, today, even though she was on her way to class, we had a nice chat with plenty of eye contact again, and when I said that I thought I was coming down with the flu, she said, "Oh, no kisses then!" I should've come back with "Sorry, I know you're longing for me to kiss you"...but what can you do. I was very tired, being under the weather, so that didn't come to me. But that can still be used later on, along with giving her artificial flowers, since she detests being given real flowers.

This might be just the door I've been waiting for to open. She's the artsy type, which is good because artsy types tend to be least judgemental of others (including of Aspies, from what I've observed). Oh, the possibilities here!

(Note to self: Don't get hopes too high like you always do. But be open to this as a possibility. :wink:)

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2006, 4:19 pm

I might be having the same scenario. Yours is definitely more developed than mine though. Fingers crossed for both of us.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2006, 1:05 pm

I'm meeting this gal for coffee today. :D

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2006, 1:36 pm

Ooooo. :) Hope it goes well.

Javid
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Mar 2006, 9:27 pm

Post a trip report after! :D

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2006, 11:58 pm

Javid wrote:
Post a trip report after! :D

Here's the report!

We were supposed to meet at 1:45. I know she's not all that punctual from experience in class, so I figured I had to give a good deal of leeway. I waited at the cafe until 2:05, then with her not there, I located a phone book, lucked out in finding her number, and called her. Turned out she thought we were meeting at 2:30, and she'd been reading and lost track of time and wouldn't be able to make it before I had to go to work.

But the good news was that she made a counter offer! She asked what I'm doing tomorrow, and she wanted to try this again. So we're meeting at 3, same place. This time I made sure she wrote it down.

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2006, 12:38 am

ELLCIM wrote:
We were supposed to meet at 1:45. Turned out she thought we were meeting at 2:30

Wow, those times are way off in numbers. But still, nice dude. Another report is due!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2006, 9:28 am

That's great to hear! I am so happy for you!

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2006, 7:14 pm

CHAOS wrote:
Wow, those times are way off in numbers. But still, nice dude. Another report is due!

It was an interesting day. I was there just before 3:00, and I waited, and waited, and waited. At 3:30 I called her house, but the answering machine was on. Now, what I did next may sound creepy, but it was worth it in the end. I drove to her house, which is only about a mile away, and went to her door. She had forgotten all about our date because of a family crisis - her grandmother who has been ill had been rushed to the hospital that afternoon and she had to go there with her.

So we sat down in her front yard and had a really nice chat. We were facing each other, about 18 inches apart, and there was lots of steady eye contact. She had her hair tilted to the side and was grooming her hair as the gentle breeze blew it around. She also showed her palms some of the time. At other times she had her hand in a loose fist under her chin as she had her head tilted and was looking at me straight in the eyes. When she had to leave to get ready for work, we looked each other in the eyes and I said that I had a really nice time with her, and she gave me a big hug.

I actually enjoyed being with her there more than in that noisy cafe where we were supposed to meet originally.

I'm thinking now about asking her out to dinner or something of the like. We enjoy each other's company and talking. She's really intelligent and mature, not to mention really beautiful. I see her next this week at class. Any suggestions for how to go forward?

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2006, 7:52 pm

You could simply just ask her time time you see her. If I were you, thank God you aren't cause you'd be disappointed, ha, I'd also mention that since lunch or coffee doesn't seem to work out that the two of you should have a go at dinner.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2006, 7:54 pm

CHAOS wrote:
If I were you, thank God you aren't cause you'd be disappointed

??? I don't understand.

I like the idea of dinner though.

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

26 Mar 2006, 8:03 pm

ELLCIM wrote:
CHAOS wrote:
If I were you, thank God you aren't cause you'd be disappointed

??? I don't understand.

I like the idea of dinner though.

Wow, I just read that for the first time myself. Ha, yeah don't mind that cause even I can't understand it. And, I wonder which of you will decide the place. It's usually important.