I need to get out this rant about Wal-Mart

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 12:26 am

I have half of a VW bug, the last of the fully mechanical machines. I can distill fuel for this one.

I think that education should come with ownership, show me something better.

ilivinamushroom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2010, 12:55 am

ed wrote:
I shop at WalMart regularly. I am poor, and cannot afford stuff at the local stores.

Once we got our brand-new WalMart Super Center, one of the local supermarket chains dropped its prices to compete. Now I can afford to do more of my shopping there.

I'm tired of hearing WalMart this, WalMart that. For those of us on very limited incomes, WalMart is a godsend.

We are a family of 4 living on 1,500 a month or less but are far too creative to fall into the trap of buying shoddy goods from Mall Wart . My mom has bought me clothes from there they last an average of 5 mo where I have thriftstore clothes that have lasted years. There are many discount food stores and most things at the local grocery cost no more than Mall Wart. They trick you into buying low quality things you dont really need at low prices so you will buy your necessities there also. If someone says how wonderfull they are and inexpensive they are enough times the easily tricked masses will believe it.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2010, 6:24 am

I like wal-mart. I work there :lol:

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2010, 10:02 pm

Ditto Elderwanda! How do feel about Target? I like it for my son's cloths. He's nine.
"Dollar Stores" bug me just as much as Walmart. You pay a dollar for something that's worth a nickle and probably has some sort of poison in it that you find out about after you used it to death.

Celtic_Frost
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2010, 11:10 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Ditto Elderwanda! How do feel about Target? I like it for my son's cloths. He's nine.
"Dollar Stores" bug me just as much as Walmart. You pay a dollar for something that's worth a nickle and probably has some sort of poison in it that you find out about after you used it to death.

Lead paint, anyone?