Anybody else hate being photographed?

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2009, 4:00 pm

I was wondering if other people with Asperger's don't like having their photograph taken, since I don't like it at all.

I get frightened at the sight of somebody with a camera. I cover my face with my hands or run away when somebody points a camera in my direction. I guess it's paranoia really. I'm afraid of people putting photographs of me on the internet for all the world to see.

Does anybody else ever get this?

lucky0979
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Dec 2009, 4:39 pm

..I can be a fairly vain person at times so having my photo taken seems like an honour!! ! :D

the only time i don't like my picture taken is when it is connection with some petty thing like driving in a bus lane (even when the signs aren't clear and you are taught that you can do it!! !!) :cry:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2009, 4:43 pm

Yes, I really hate it. I don't quite know why. Maybe it's the flash, which is painful to the eyes. Maybe it's the feeling of being impaled on the single eye of the camera. Maybe it's wondering just where those pics will end up? I don't know, I just hate it.

MoonRa
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Dec 2009, 4:52 pm

Most people have some photograph fear, that's healthy.

Consider politicians; I think they would avoid to be fotographed naked, or in bed with someone else;)
On the other hand, they like to be photographed on good political issued; to get elected again.

The point is, a photograph is something you are remembered by; and that should be a good picture. Avoiding pictures all the isn't accepted; so gather all positive feelings and take pride in a big smile :D

Strengthen your personality and consider a (agreed on) picture to show off your best image.. and smile :D

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2009, 4:54 pm

Absolutely hate it.
School photos are the worst, because they try to get you to smile, but I don't. Haven't smiled in a school photo for two years in a row, and damn proud of it! :lol:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 Dec 2009, 5:01 pm

Elementary_Physics wrote:
Absolutely hate it.
School photos are the worst, because they try to get you to smile, but I don't. Haven't smiled in a school photo for two years in a row, and damn proud of it! :lol:

Yes, I hate forced smiles. :x

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 5:31 pm

Hey AppleCat, Im act just as you for the very same reasons. Im terrified I will be catched on someones cam and put on the net as moving silly and ugly. Nightmare!

McCann_Can_Triple
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Dec 2009, 5:54 pm

I prefer to be behind the camera.

I don't mind if someone takes my picture really. I just can't stand being asked to "smile" as I can't fake a smile. If I do, it looks more like a grimace.

On an related note candied smiles and photos are eons better than ones where the person looks at the camera.

River: They say the snow on the roof is too heavy. They say the ceiling will cave in. His brains are in terrible danger. "

Hurley's mom "Jesus Christ is not a weapon."

Peripatetic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2009, 7:05 pm

Hate being photographed - hate, hate, hate. Don't like my image, don't want to be remembered. Don't like the idea of anyone focussing on me for long enough to take a photograph, or being able to refer to my image after. The trick is to keep moving and get out of shot as quickly as possible; conversely, with video, do nothing, keep absolutely still and there is no reason to focus on you.

18 Dec 2009, 7:58 pm

I hated it when I got older because I hated my smiles. Now I censor my pictures if I decided to post them at forums. If I look ret*d in them, I don't post them. I only will if I want to show how ret*d my smiles are.

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2009, 8:23 pm

I don't like it because I don't think I am a very photogenic person in general. I don't often look great in my pictures in my own opinion.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 8:45 pm

I wouldn't mind it if people didn't take so damn long to take the photo! Standing there waiting for someone to point something at me and press a button is boring, and it's time that could be spent doing things that are actually fun. Also, I can give a very convincing fake smile, but in the time that most people take to press the shutter button, it starts looking like a death rictus. This is why I now avoid smiling in photos- my blank face looks better than my "imitating the recently dead" face.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Peripatetic
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2009, 8:57 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Music Theory 101: Cadences.
Authentic cadence: V-I
Plagal cadence: IV-I
Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Off-topic, but I love your sig.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 9:18 pm

Yes, ever since I was four years old and was professionally photographed for the first time. I was unable to smile, which has always been difficult for me, but which turned into a fiasco and the photographer became very impatient with the situation. His face also really frightened me as it was very scarred with pock marks and unfortunately reminded me of a traumatic scene which occured when I was only a year old which I'm sure didn't help matters. Eventually I was able to force a resemblence of a smile with the pinched, up-turned corners of my mouth, out of sheer terror, and with two hands pressed against one cheek as I was posed or required to.

I have never liked having my picture taken. When I have, it always has the same look of terror or shock in my face. I have since given it up and won't allow my picture to be taken.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 10:29 pm

I don't like it either.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 10:55 pm

Photophobia topic

I used to hate it when I was little. I tolerated it as a school child. As a teen I despised it.

I do not mind it now, as an adult, but I will not allow my photo to be displayed on Wrong Planet. I do not look out of the ordinary, I just like that element of mystery. :twisted:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo