Anybody else hate being photographed?

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Vance
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Dec 2009, 11:05 pm

I don't enjoy it one bit, but can endure it provided the photo won't be viewed by huge numbers of people. I do get tired of the whole "You're not smiling!", "Yes I am.", "No you're not! Smile more!" routine, though.

TonyTheTiger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Dec 2009, 5:20 am

I don't enjoy it, mostly because I feel pressured to force a smile or do something amusing. I guess it works though, people say I take good pics.

Jak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2009, 5:28 am

I actually quite like it but then I model part time so that's why. I used to hate it but I learned to love it.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 5:36 am

Peripatetic wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
Music Theory 101: Cadences.
Authentic cadence: V-I
Plagal cadence: IV-I
Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Off-topic, but I love your sig.

Thanks. :)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

pippilngstkngpr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Dec 2009, 6:40 am

I actually hid from cameras until junior or senior year in high school. I would basically take my own pictures of myself, but one in awhile I would let someone take a picture with me in it. So, I came pretty far from hiding and knowing when a camera was coming even though it was down the street. lol

Featherways
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2009, 7:04 am

Yup, hate being photographed - feels like a large eye looking back at me, somehow. Wonder if it's related to the brain wiring differences we often have that mean we find eye contact difficult?

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 10:50 am

I hate having my picture taken, for numerous reasons. But I can do it on my own. If I take my own picture, things are much better & I don't mind it as much.

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

19 Dec 2009, 4:24 pm

It was nice to have so many replies I can identify with myself. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I was always afraid of being caught off guard by some little twit with a camera phone, for example if I was twitching I would be scared that somebody was taking my picture or filming me.

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 5:15 pm

Yes I hate it, and also my daughter.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2009, 5:19 pm

I look terrible in every picture I've ever been in. So yeah, I hate being photographed.

greenturtle74
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Dec 2009, 6:33 pm

I posted this in another thread - I'd be really interested to know if it works for anyone else.

greenturtle74 wrote:
I was always one of those people with a rigid expression or a forced attempt at a smile in photos. Actually for years I would not look at myself in the mirror. When I started to do Facebook and online dating, I knew I needed good pictures. So this is what I did:

First, I found something to make me crack up laughing. Everyone has something. For me, it was turning on the TV to "Blues Clues." I look very much like the host, Steve Burns. So he starts doing a ridiculous dance and singing and making really odd faces, and I just can't help but crack up.

Then, I take my camera and set the timer, and I just take lots of photos. It has to be a lot because I won't keep laughing the whole time. Laughter by definition is spontaneous and it happens in a split second. So the more I take, the more likely I am to capture a great expression.

But the best part is this: Once I got a few good pics and looked at them, I could finally see what I looked like with a real smile, as if it was for the first time. I liked how it looked. And it gave me a mental picture of myself to keep in my head. So it actually became easier to smile naturally, without thinking of "Blues Clues." I won't say I can now do it on cue, but pretty close. And I can do it in front of the mirror, and be goofy and mug and all that. My whole self-image is pretty much altered.

So, give it a try, maybe it will work for you too.

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 12:58 am

Not really hate but I'm too shy to pose or smile that's why I avoid the camera.

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 9:35 am

I'm a photographer, and that's how I want it to stay. :) I'll take pictures of myself, but I hate it when someone wants MY photograph, especially in family gatherings.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 9:25 am

Yes and no.

Mostly, I look like crap in photographs. To some extent, I question why someone or anyone should be taking my photograph (outside of a social situation).

Otherwise, I have no reason to hate being photographed.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 9:53 am

I actually love getting my picture taken.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 10:59 am

AppleCat wrote:
I was wondering if other people with Asperger's don't like having their photograph taken, since I don't like it at all.

I get frightened at the sight of somebody with a camera. I cover my face with my hands or run away when somebody points a camera in my direction. I guess it's paranoia really. I'm afraid of people putting photographs of me on the internet for all the world to see.

Does anybody else ever get this?

Yup I'm like that too. I only really like taking photos of myself, because then I can make my face look good and delete ones that look crap, because I look stupid in most photos.