Anybody else hate being photographed?

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 8:54 pm

I try to avoid getting my picture taken, mainly because I hate seeing photos of myself later on.

Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2013, 5:52 am

Don't allow others, to use their camera to photograph me, I'm very strict about this and I back out of group photos, if they were being taken on somebody elses camera, more for the fear, of having a bad photograph taken of me, and I have no control of what happens to it, if it ends up online.

However, I have no issues with photos of me, or group photos, or even videos taken, if it was on my own filming equipment, and I can edit to my liking, or verify that it's a good photo of me, before it ends up online.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2013, 6:30 am

I really hate having my photo taken. I have issues about my appearance and I always fear that other people taking my picture are doing so in order to make a mockery of me.

I never feel that I look natural in photos the way other people do. I'm not looking outwards at the world and responding to it the way other people are - I'm looking inwards. Not in an profound, thoughtful kind of way but in a "this guy's got something wrong with him" kind of way.

I never look as if I'm really part of the photo. You know in special effects shots in movies when they combine elements from different sources and if it's done badly don't look as if they are really part of the same picture? That's how I always look.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 1:54 pm

I despise having my picture taken. I don't even like to take photos of myself. I feel really creeped out when someone points a camera at me.

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2021, 1:19 pm

I have a rule about having my picture taken, I typically refuse unless I HAVE TO, like for a drivers license or my employee ID. Other then that, I don't do it. I've never posted a picture of myself and FB, my thing is, I value my privacy and don't want to advertise myself to the world. Also, on FB I don't use my real last time as it's very ethnic and not common. I don't want people from work or from the past trying to troll me.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 1:27 pm

I don't like having my picture taken, I've always found it very awkward. In also every picture I've had taken of me I'm not looking at the camera. People will insist that I have to look at the camera and I can't! Just take the damn picture. lol

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 2:04 pm

Depends on if I'm in character or not. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 4:42 pm

Preferably, no. Unless I'm in a mood for it.
Then I wouldn't mind.

Not as long as my mom, having the intent to post my pictures out in the damn open... :x

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

toadsnail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2021, 5:33 pm

If someone takes a picture of me, I ask them to delete it.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 5:48 pm

It's ok if it's a selfie or for something memorable. I prefer to be viewed in my best light or at least according to how I feel or my attire at a given point in time. Otherwise it would bother me.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 10:21 pm

I dont like being photographed.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 4:37 am

yes and no..depends on the photgrapher i guess

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 4:37 am

I like to pull faces at the camera...it amuses me.

OkaySometimes
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2021, 7:36 am

I've never liked being photographed. Not for any conscious reason, I just don't like it. Somehow it feels weird...

simonthesly74
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2021, 8:30 am

I’m not allergic to being photographed... but for some reason, I don’t like being photographed with my family. Thus I am almost always unsmiling in our family photos.
Also, my smiles often fall into the uncanny valley, usually looking forced at best and creepy at worst.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 10:14 am

Yes, I don't care to be photographed,as I've never been someone whom; fawns, over my appearance nor cares for how others might perceive my overall appearance in general. I accept myself in all total honesty, but not fond of people people wanting to take a photograph of me; for, having been scrutinized for my physical form in early years if this makes sense?