Sometimes, a little fat free, some aspratame or sugar twin 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2009, 10:29 pm

Do You Like Yogurt? Why?
Whats Your Favorite Yogurt?
What do you think about The New Yogurts?
Do You believe the hype?

My love for yogurt started in when I was in grade five. My German Friend would have me over at his house and would pull a 1 litre tub of fruit flavored Palm Yogurt from his fridge and pour it into two bowls. We pounded yogurt and played Lego until it was dinner time regularly.

Now yogurts gone the way of the TV (B&W to Color CRT to LCD Projection to HDTV).
Yogurt Homogenization Pasteurization Pro-biotics, Pre-Biotic, Fat/sugar free

My two bits... Im figuring Pasteurization kills the bacteria that's good for us so now they are replacing this with "Pro and Pre Biotics" As if thats not enough they remove the fat and mix in sweet tasting chemicals untill what is called yogurt is a translucent milk jello. Gag me.

None the less, My current favorite Yogurt is Danons Activia Probiotic Prune 3.4%MF , I dont know its just so good like cheese cake. Otherwise Astro classic is where its at in the Yogurt world, if you ask me.

What about You?
Where do you stand in this dangerous controversy?

Option 3 on the poll didn't show up but I guess you could write instead
option 3 (GIVE ME THE CLASSIC STUFF)

Last edited by bigblock on 19 Dec 2009, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emc2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2009, 10:36 pm

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-is-yogurt-made.htm

I have thought of making yoghurt from scratch, however I usually use an Easiyo sachet. It seems fresher than the supermarket ones.