Creative/Artistic Aspies - Left or Right Handed?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Are you left or right handed?
Creative Aspie - Left Handed 43%  43%  [ 22 ]
Creative Aspie - Right Handed 57%  57%  [ 29 ]
Total votes : 51

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 7:54 am

Creative and right-handed.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 5:57 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I am a chronically "creative"..non-mathematical...right-brained left-handed person.
When I was little I was really into science and fact collecting...but my brain is just very set-up for right-brained-ness....I am cross-dominant for a lot of things though....like hand-sewing and um...with most sports I never knew which arm or leg to use...I am equally good or bad either way.....in some ways it seems both sides of my brain are pretty dysfunctional...

This.

obnoxiously-me
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2009, 9:03 pm

I didn't know which hand to use in school, and picked the same as the others where using: right hand. But think I could use both pretty much the same, except for writing. My left hand is bigger than my right.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 9:54 pm

Um what if you are ambidextros?

Spuddy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Dec 2009, 1:10 am

This is cool seeing others with the same general functioning as myself- I've never actually met anyone like this in almost 23 years! I'm gifted with a pencil and "creative" definitely fits the bill, and despite every other bodily function I do being right handed, somehow drawing and writing are limited exclusively to my left hand. Even more interesting (to me, anyway) is that like others in this thread, I understand mechanical/creative engineering function with the best of them, while my math skills and the various intangibles in general absolutely suck. I supercharged my car with no prior skillset and taught myself how to program the ECU literally on a whim, and yet even after living in the same small town for 15 years I can't get from one side to the other in a straight line to save my life :p Seriously, you can tell me to go 1 mile and turn left, then 4 towns later I'll need to fill up again as I ask for new directions lol