Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

SporadSpontan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2009, 11:50 pm

Sand wrote:
SporadSpontan wrote:
Thanks Magnus. It's been nice chatting with you too. And I also believe it's possible to attain a state/consciousness that goes beyond reason and all conception. And can hardly wait! lol

The viewpoint that reason and emotion are conflicting forces is detrimental to vigorous and intimate integration into observation and acceptance of the universe. There is nothing more emotionally exciting than a new understanding of how the universe functions.

haha - I love it! I prefer to see emotion as something to be penetrated by reason. That way you can still have your cake and know its ingredients too! I'm all for the integration. What else do we have to work with in understanding reality if it's not the very experiences of our life?

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 11:51 pm

Magnus wrote:
I think that when two conflicting forces (be it opposing viewpoints or whatever polar opposites) desire to merge for a common truth, then both parties can put aside their differences for the common good which is objectivity. All egos aside, there is something greater than you or me and what we perceive to be true, there is a fuller perception of the big picture.

The idea that there is something "out there" perceiving anything is a delicious delusion giving comfort to insecure minds. What is "out there" is imperceptive interaction and perception is the sole property of us puzzled viewers trying to make sense of all that seeming confusion.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 11:56 pm

SporadSpontan wrote:
Sand wrote:
SporadSpontan wrote:
Thanks Magnus. It's been nice chatting with you too. And I also believe it's possible to attain a state/consciousness that goes beyond reason and all conception. And can hardly wait! lol

The viewpoint that reason and emotion are conflicting forces is detrimental to vigorous and intimate integration into observation and acceptance of the universe. There is nothing more emotionally exciting than a new understanding of how the universe functions.

haha - I love it! I prefer to see emotion as something to be penetrated by reason. That way you can still have your cake and know its ingredients too! I'm all for the integration. What else do we have to work with in understanding reality if it's not the very experiences of our life?

I have to know the ingredients!! !

hahaha

When I was a kid, I memorized all the ingredients of my favorite cereals. Who cares I know.
But the moral of that is, all the emotion that went into me wanting to buy the crappy commercial stuff is full of junk.

-Pythagoras

SporadSpontan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2009, 11:58 pm

Sand wrote:
Magnus wrote:
I think that when two conflicting forces (be it opposing viewpoints or whatever polar opposites) desire to merge for a common truth, then both parties can put aside their differences for the common good which is objectivity. All egos aside, there is something greater than you or me and what we perceive to be true, there is a fuller perception of the big picture.

The idea that there is something "out there" perceiving anything is a delicious delusion giving comfort to insecure minds. What is "out there" is imperceptive interaction and perception is the sole property of us puzzled viewers trying to make sense of all that seeming confusion.

I doubt there's something 'out there', but there's something 'in there'. And anyone with a consciousness knows it. We call it 'MIND'. Woo-hoo!

(sorry - I get a bit excited about these discoveries...)

SporadSpontan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2009, 12:03 am

Magnus wrote:
SporadSpontan wrote:
Sand wrote:
SporadSpontan wrote:

I have to know the ingredients!! !

hahaha

When I was a kid, I memorized all the ingredients of my favorite cereals. Who cares I know.
But the moral of that is, all the emotion that went into me wanting to buy the crappy commercial stuff is full of junk.

So too can our junky emotions be utilised into something delicious. Yum Yum!

EDIT: Sorry, that last was in response to my misinterpretation that you were saying the cereals were made of junk. (Yet they were delicious.)

ANOTHER EDIT: Sorry - for extra clarification - .......when seen through the eyes of reason!

Last edited by SporadSpontan on 23 Dec 2009, 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:05 am

Yeah, I'm totally excited too. haha

I don't know how Sand strung the out there delusion into this. Sand, I was referring to our dialog and how I wanted to see her point of view and in doing so, I saw a fuller perception. Philosophy is very circular I know. Here is a song that reminds me of this thread.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1IaSQJBV0w[/youtube]

-Pythagoras

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:11 am

I just listened to that song, you spin me round. I'm not excited like that. LOL I haven't heard those lyrics in a long time. haha But, I love it when I think deeply, philosophically, absurdly...

-Pythagoras

SporadSpontan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2009, 12:13 am

'you spin me round' lol!

I'm all for blowing each others' minds out if we can....

SporadSpontan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2009, 12:16 am

Magnus wrote:
I just listened to that song, you spin me round. I'm not excited like that. LOL I haven't heard those lyrics in a long time. haha But, I love it when I think deeply, philosophically, absurdly...

I didn't listen to the song - but whatever it has to say I'm sure can still be utilised for an attainment of deeper meaning.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:19 am

SporadSpontan wrote:
'you spin me round' lol!

The concept of a blow job on the mind is evidently both emotional and rational.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:24 am

I'm afraid that I hijacked AG's neat-O thread. His other one is even better.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt114796.html

-Pythagoras

SporadSpontan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2009, 12:30 am

Sand wrote:
SporadSpontan wrote:
'you spin me round' lol!

The concept of a blow job on the mind is evidently both emotional and rational.

Sorry but you've misinterpreted me.

EDIT: Magnus, does this have anything to do with that song you posted? lol

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 12:44 am

He misinterpreted that again.

-Pythagoras

SporadSpontan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Dec 2009, 1:08 am

Oh well - conception, misconception, reality exists in it all regardless!

EDIT: I can't believe no one challenged this statement! lol Or did you know what I meant? Anyhow, I have to clarify - I meant that both conceptions and misconceptions have the same essence in reality because they both only merely exist as mental constructs - nothing more, nothing less.