Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Photon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2006, 1:25 pm

Do you have a phobia? Do you know the name of your phobia?

If you don't and would like to know more about your phobia then please visit this website: www.phobialist.com

I have a Fear of loosing my memory. Six months ago my dad had a major boiler leak situated in a cupboard in my bedroom. Upon inspecting the boiler I realised that source of the leak was not the boiler but a pipe leading outside of the boiler, the pipe seemed to look badly corroded and I was clueless to why it had got into this condition,as I deal with all my questions I decided to search on yahoo and managed to come across a few websites that seemed to suggest 'lead pipe'.
Lead poisoning ran through my mind, so as with all my questions I decided to search Yahoo and a few websites gave me information on the dangers of lead and the symptoms of lead poisoning and other information giving the sources of lead poisoning.
8O
I inspected the cerroded pipe and I scratched the surface with a knife, the surface scratched easily and the surface was a dull grey surface but shiny when scratched, a clear indication that the pipe was made of Lead, I was very concerned at this point and decided to get a blood test at my local Health Centre, my results came back as 0.04 miligrams or other measurement and was not a indication of lead poisoning.
I was still not entirely convinced by this result, and I had concerns that the paint in our house was made of Lead paint, or that my dad who was aware of my concern was trying to poison me with Lead paint.
My biggest cocnern with Lead and Lead paint was that when inhaled or digested can cause the memory loss and can actually lower a persons IQ. I depend on my memory and IQ to learn my interests, and without good memory I would not be able to depend on my interests. :cry:

This is a ongoing concern for me and it affects my way of thinking, I consider myself to have a gift in memorising facts and areas of interests and whenever I encounter a problem or danger that may alter or threaten my gift or interests I begin to immediatly panic!! ! :oops:

Can you relate this to yourself? :idea:

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 4:21 pm

I reckon I got arachnophobia as I really am scared of spiders, especially the big ones! When I see one I have to leave the room and hope that someone else will get rid of it. I remember a couple of years ago, I found a huge spider in my bedroom and had to sleep in the bath for two days until someone was available to get rid of it, bad innit?

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Feb 2006, 4:27 pm

I have a fear of heights.

I watched King Kong recently at the cinema and it even affected me during the Empire State Building scenes. Even though I new it wasn't real.

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2006, 4:54 pm

i have a Fear of riding in a car.

Fickle_Pickle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 1:46 am

I have a fear of amusment parks and I'm 15. (usually young people at that age, that I know of, like amusment parks)

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 3:34 am

I have a fear of faces, has something to do with the relationship between the mouth and eyes. Pictures of mutilated faces or dead faces will send me into oncomming traffic if you showed it to me. Important to note, if the part of the head containing the eyes is missing or the lower half of the head is missing, it wont terrify me nearly as much.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 4:36 am

Corpses and needles. Both are controlled fears and I no longer have panic attacks.

I suppose, however, that I would truly freak out if I were ever to have a zombie give me a tetanus shot.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 7:35 pm

My spider phobias worse than usual.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2006, 9:41 pm

I have a fear of wasps, especially the yellowjackets. Seeing even a single wasp flying around scares the daylights out of me, and I even cross the street when I see one. Bees, on the other hand, are OK with me. While I'm by no means comfortable around them, I can act much more calmly: just wave something in a bee's direction to scare it off, and keep on walking. I don't know why, but I find bees a lot less threatening than wasps.

Wasps are smooth and slender, and they don't lose their stingers.

Bees are plump and fuzzy, and they do lose their stingers.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 12:27 am

You're probably more wary of wasps for a good reason--they will sting with much less provocation than a bee. When stinging doesn't kill an insect, the decision to do so is not nearly as serious.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 12:35 pm

I never got stung.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 1:04 pm

Looking at 2 identical twins w/ same outfit and everything (in real life) freaks me out because, even though I know its possible, my subconcious tells me that something is very wrong and unnatural about it.

Michaela115
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Dec 2008, 11:30 pm

Ok there are two things that scare me big time:

Fire - like I worry loads about it. If I see it in a film or something I won't sleep that night. Silent Hill wasn't nice, seeing as someone is burnt alive at the end and it's pretty graphic :( my boyfriend didn't tell me about that...but then he doesn't know I have a fear...but yeah I felt so scared afterwards I couldn't let go of him that night! And yeah just generally worry about it happening at home, worry about electric appliances doing random things like our kettle sometimes makes clicking noises randomnly...and if I go past a burnt down place I hate it but feel I have to look.

Now the second one I really cannot explain...I mean fire yeah that's understandable...but this is just embarassing...windmills. They terrify me! I've always wondered if I had a fear of them but something tonight confirmed it...I was on Wikipedia and looked up a nearby town to me called Reigate, as I was trying to find a list of famous people who live there. The picture they had was of one of the two windmills that are there. Before the picture loaded I saw the line underneath that said "Reigate Heath Windmill" and I started backing away from the laptop, and went to shield my face :oops: but I still looked cos I felt silly and couldn't believe I felt like it! And yeah when I saw it I was terrified!
So yeah...when I was younger I remember being fascinated by them...well that was according to my family...I was actually pretty scared by them! If I see one unexpectadly whilst in the car it'll freak me out. Good job I don't drive! Thing is...the close I live in now used to be a zoo and the windmill is still there. Can't see it from our house but you can see it when you enter/exit the close...well it's on the left but I always look. Now I've had to walk past it to get to the bus stop or walk down to the local shop, but I'm ok with it...cos it's not like right next to the road. It's in the distance but not too far away. I reckon if it was closer I'd be freaked out to walk past!
No idea what this fear is called but I looked on Google after my not-so-nice Wikipedia experience, and found some blogs and stuff by people who have the same fear! Well I looked on my mobile phone, I was scared more pictures would appear *blushes*. One person crashed into a ditch after seeing one unexpectadly through the fog...*shudders* that is horrible! Another person, a guy, said when he was 8 he had to walk past one and he was shaking and sweating, and eventually fainted! These poor people :(

So that's me done...anyone got anything to say about my strange fear of such a landmark haha...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 1:57 am

Fear of vomiting - emetophobia. For me, vomiting is among the worst things that can happen to me. It really doesn't bother me if people/characters on TV vomit, because I know I can't catch whatever sickness they have. However, if one of my family members is sick, it horrifies me, because I know I'll probably be next.

Fear of choking/suffocating - asphyxiophobia. I am terrified by not being able to breathe, or more generally, having things touching my throat that shouldn't. This includes:

-Choking on food (happened to me numerous times)
- Being strangled (happened momentarily during a weird accident in which I was clotheslined by a piece of string hanging from a swingset)
-Having tubes down my throat while in the hospital (never happened to me and praying it never does)

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 1:59 am

Odigophobia - the fear of driving

Driving anything

Though I can "drive" a bicycle. I can't do a skateboard or scooter. I think it might be related to my catatonia. Not sure. Not sure what to blame anything on so... uh... yeah.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:26 am

Entomophobia- Fear of insects.

Iatrophobia- Fear of going to the doctor or of doctors.

Cynophobia- Fear of dogs or rabies.

Scotophobia- Fear of darkness.