Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sentinel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2009, 6:38 am

Hi all,

I've lived on my own before without to many problems but am now back with my parents. I am looking to house share - possibly with other aspies. Does anyone have any experiences of house sharing with aspies? Did it work or was is a disaster? I am 32 and work in London btw.

24 Dec 2009, 6:51 am

I lived in an apartment with an aspie, my ex, and he was annoying. Too black and white; very ignorant, never listened and was very impossible to educate, very judgmental and he was very negative. He had very low self esteem and I liked driving him crazy because of his ignorance. He called it a game. He acted like I was ret*d anyway and thought I was at a level of a five year old because I liked kid shows and movies. He was also very needy and wanted me with him all the time and he acted like he wanted me on him all the time too and acted like he wanted me to change but he said he didn't want me to change because I feel I have to. He thought I had no empathy and saw me as self centered and low functioning. Hey at least he was honest. But because we were in a relationship, this happened. It might have been different if we weren't in one. He wouldn't have been needy but I might have still driven him crazy with my adult babyness.

Black and white thinkers are annoying. Some of them are okay just as long as they listen and can be educated about things instead of being stuck with their thoughts.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 7:01 am

I think it depends on the specific person as well as the type of aspie. If the person isn't a total slob, if they're the quiet type that's just in their own world, it'd be frustrating for NTs but should be handle-able to another aspie. I'm sure it also depends on severity..

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

24 Dec 2009, 11:23 am

That reminded me, when I am in college , I am moving in with a friend of mine who has Megalomania - We are a perfect match because she is very domineering and a show off, and I am very quiet and well mannered. Should be... Interesting.

RedHorizon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

I live near Portland, Oregon also and I'm really interested in this idea. I can't stand to live with my parents and I doubt I will have fun just making it by living alone.