Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

serenitynow
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Dec 2009, 1:01 pm

My son's social group has organized a new awareness program, Student to student Autism Connection.
They are a small group of AS and NT kids, putting on skits from their own life experiences and then answering questions. They've only had 1 presentation and have now received several offers to come to present at local school Health classes and Phys ed.
These kids are passionate about getting kids to know at a young age, how bullying and teasing can have devastating effects on them. It is so great for the the NT kids to become friends with and understand them.
I hope it expands beyond what they can even imagine, and does a world of good for society.
I'd love to see a Commercial(?)- put on by these guys someday! They have high hopes and though they are nervous to present, they know they are doing this for the greater good.

guineapigirl

28 Dec 2009, 10:42 pm

Good for him :) I'm glad that his group is doing something good to educate and help others. Bullying is a terrible thing and I don't think bullies know the damage that they're doing to the other children. I wish the best for your son and his group :D

serenitynow

29 Dec 2009, 4:16 pm

Thank you, and I hope they continue to spread awareness. The stories are heartwrenching about the bullying.