Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 23

25 Dec 2009, 6:15 pm

I am always astounded at how some people are so afraid to be alone, they either make up stories, or hallucinate.

You're alone people, there are no ghosts, no matter how important telling stories makes you feel.

So how do these ghosts decide who they will contact or pick on? There have been billions and billions of people who have died, you'd think we'd all be bothered all the time by them. Do they have like a lottery? Do they only contact (or punch...) the worthy? The needy? The gullible? Funny how 99% of the time, those telling the stories are the "believers" and the non-believers never get contacted.....

Autism is really supposed to make you smarter and clear headed, how about showing it?


_________________
I figure the odds be 50-50 that I just might have something to say.


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,103
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

25 Dec 2009, 6:24 pm

i do believe people have energies around them and if its negative it can manifest in some poltergeist activity and i know somethings there after you die ive seen way to much evidence on paranormal shows like in the IR camera that picks up heat. and that lighthouse in st. augustine florida that ghost hunters went on down to they actually caust a ghost on a regular camera but it is what it is, i know what happend to me and i have no desire to make up stoys to feel unlonely, so if you dont believe me thats cool


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Philotix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 74
Location: Eau Claire, WI

25 Dec 2009, 6:30 pm

I'm a believer and I never once got "contacted". It makes me sad. :cry:



richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,103
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

25 Dec 2009, 6:33 pm

start getting into the occult and see if something doesnt say hello 8O


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 23

25 Dec 2009, 6:44 pm

Send your spirits and gobblins and ghosts and evil creepy things my way.

It's 2009 and some people still *need* to believe in spirits, unreal.


_________________
I figure the odds be 50-50 that I just might have something to say.


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,103
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

25 Dec 2009, 6:49 pm

well its like this, until it happens to you i guess you will just be an unbeliever. however i doubt ghosts are a mass hallucination google "ghost car" and try to explain that one chief


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Sep 2009
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 877

25 Dec 2009, 6:53 pm

pixel-debris wrote: "I cannot "prove" there is not an elephant behind me at this moment, but I'd bet my life and entire net worth that there isn't one there. There is no way to "prove" a negative, but that does not mean that logic and reason cannot lead one to a conclusion."

If I visit Lake Disappointment in Western Australia to see if it lives up to its name, will I be disappointed?
Which set of logic, and which batch of reason, should I use to reach a less than self-contradictory conclusion? Of course, if I follow Ayn Rand's disputations, it should be phrased "more than self-contradictory conclusion."

It's reported that Ayn Rand's logic led Gloria on "All In The Family" to contend to Meathead, that since she could not tell the difference amongst the tastes of brand name cola soft-drinks (such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Royal Crown, etc.), that nobody could, and hence, the differences in tastes were paranormal and false. Meathead easily verified his paranormal taste abilities with a high degree of veracity, but then, Objectivism just delivers the run-around relabeling game of labeling any instance of paranormal as normal when it's verified.

Alan Greenspan worshipped Ayn Rand, and understood her uncanny ability to smell money, but his blind belief in Objectivism has resulted in many trillions of dollors lost in a very strong stench of unbridled Capitalism, but many loyal followers just contend that the smell is paranormal, and not really there, like the dead elephant decomposing in the room, that's safely concluded as not there with the optimum-opportunistic box of incomplete logic.



Philotix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 74
Location: Eau Claire, WI

25 Dec 2009, 7:00 pm

Quote:
Alan Greenspan worshipped Ayn Rand, and understood her uncanny ability to smell money, but his blind belief in Objectivism has resulted in many trillions of dollors lost in a very strong stench of unbridled Capitalism


It's funny that you say that, because I was JUST thinking how the economy has gone down the tubes because we HAVEN'T had real capitalism since before WWI.



pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 23

25 Dec 2009, 7:16 pm

Philotix wrote:
Quote:
Alan Greenspan worshipped Ayn Rand, and understood her uncanny ability to smell money, but his blind belief in Objectivism has resulted in many trillions of dollors lost in a very strong stench of unbridled Capitalism


It's funny that you say that, because I was JUST thinking how the economy has gone down the tubes because we HAVEN'T had real capitalism since before WWI.


EXACTLY


All the evils, abuses, and iniquities,
popularly ascribed to businessmen and to capitalism,
were not caused by an unregulated economy or by a free market,
but by government intervention into the economy.

- Ayn Rand 1905-1982 -


I should start a poll to see how many of the kool-aid drinking ghost believers are also believers in socialism and Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy and man-made global warming.... whatever crackpot "cause" comes along, they're in....

Those who are against capitalism and for socialism, basically just want free govt cheese....

(or want to be in power to control the rest of us)

Back in the 70's the loonies were all trying to scare us with "global cooling".... always a "cause" and always a throng of "believers" needing to be led by someone.... anyone....


_________________
I figure the odds be 50-50 that I just might have something to say.


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,103
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

25 Dec 2009, 7:23 pm

dont most scandinavian countries have a higher quality of life than here in the good 'ol usa? im certain they do.
reguardless sometimes i hate socialism but only because my culture has basically ruined me and im confused about eveything. then other times i hate socialsim. and love capitalism maybe a mix between the two is where you will find the best system. i dont know, do you see how confused i am? :lol:


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Philotix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 74
Location: Eau Claire, WI

25 Dec 2009, 7:24 pm

Wait.... are you saying there's no Santa Claus???? :cry:



pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 23

25 Dec 2009, 7:25 pm

richardbenson wrote:
dont most scandinavian countries have a higher quality of life than here in the good 'ol usa? im certain they do.
reguardless sometimes i hate socialism but only because my culture has basically ruined me and im confused about eveything. then other times i hate socialsim. and love capitalism maybe a mix between the two is where you will find the best system. i dont know, do you see how confused i am? :lol:



In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win.
In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit

- Ayn Rand 1905-1982 -

TRANSLATION:

In any compromise between Capitalism and Socialism, it is only Socialism that will win.


_________________
I figure the odds be 50-50 that I just might have something to say.


richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,103
Location: Leave only a footprint behind

25 Dec 2009, 7:29 pm

i see what your saying, would you consider any system perfect?


_________________
Winds of clarity. a universal understanding come and go, I've seen though the Darkness to understand the bounty of Light


Philotix
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 74
Location: Eau Claire, WI

25 Dec 2009, 7:32 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i see what your saying, would you consider any system perfect?


I would say no. But pure free capitalism, and libertarianism going hand in hand are as close to perfection as you'll ever get. That's a world where no one tells you what to do unless you attempt to harm another person. Aside from that, you're free to do whatever you wish. Total freedom.



pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2009
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 23

25 Dec 2009, 7:36 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i see what your saying, would you consider any system perfect?


Yes. Unbridled Capitalism. But that depends on what one considers "perfect". To me, it's a system that lets me earn up to the limits of my ability. To others, it's a system they can milk for more and more welfare and freebies.

No that does not mean anything goes. There are legit functions of govt to prevent and enforce for example, insider trading and breach of contract and collusion.

The current Chairman of the Federal Reserve has admitted that the Fed caused the Depression of the 30's.... so what is Komrade Obama and Permier Peloisi and the Fed doing? The exact same things Hoover and FDR did, which prolonged the Great Depression. The govt caused this recession, like all previous recessions with their meddling in the economy. The 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) was a major cause of this recession. Every congress and president since 77 increased it's power. Basically it enforced quotas on banks to make loans to those who did not meet the lending requirements that worked so well for them in the past.

I gotta go and burn the coal I got in my stocking to keep warm.....




We have tried spending money. We are spending more
than we have ever spent before and it does not work.

... We have never made good on our promises. ...

I say after eight years of this Administration
we have just as much unemployment as when we started.
... and an enormous debt to boot!

Henry Morgenthau Jr 1891-1967
Secretary of the Treasury of the United States
during the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt.


_________________
I figure the odds be 50-50 that I just might have something to say.