Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Aaron_Mason
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2006, 4:37 pm

Some time ago at work I was moving a cage of stock that had been stacked poorly and kept falling apart, causing delays. In my frustration I was swearing at it - on the shop floor. While the store was open. With people in it.

Now I always knew that swearing in a place like that while at work was not a good thing... but as it was never brought up with me, it simply never occurred to me to exercise some restraint.

Anyone else experienced this, or something similar?

AS is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I'm the same as I was when I was six years old - Modest Mouse

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2006, 5:46 pm

Sometimes, even when you do know that you have to exercise verbal restraint in public, words that shouldnt come out can especially in a frustrating situation. Ive never been told in any of my past jobs not to swear or use rude language in front of customers but it was something I was aware that I shouldnt do. Having said that, I did quite a few times, but hey, it happens to us all, sometimes we get into trouble, sometimes we don't. Whenever I did get reprimanded for this I didn't really give a s**t but just tried harder not to do it in the future.