Page 8 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:25 pm

I would have any and all men who have raped women and/or children castrated. :evil: I would make birth control a law and using unprotected sex would be illegal. :evil: Only men and women who are intelligent, don't drink smoke or do drugs, have healthy genes and will be loving and devoted parents will be allowed to breed, which is the only thing sex is good for anyway. :twisted: They would require a license and have to pass a series of tests if they truly want to have children. If they failed they would be forced to wear a device that would make unprotected sex extremely unpleasant and painful. :twisted: I would have people who have physically abused other people beaten in prison so that they will feel, perhaps to a smaller degree, the pain, suffering and terror they inflicted on their victims. :evil: I would destroy alcohol and cigarettes and anyone caught swearing would have to pay a fine. :twisted: I would have so-called Hollywood "celebrities" put on a rocketship on a collision course to the sun. :twisted: I would get rid of all the horrible TV commercials and stupid soap operas and awful reality shows. :twisted: And I would have my own private animation studio and make excellent cartoon shows and ban all the stupid cartoons that are on TV now. :P

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:25 pm

I would have any and all men who have raped women and/or children castrated. :evil: I would make birth control a law and using unprotected sex would be illegal. :evil: Only men and women who are intelligent, don't drink smoke or do drugs, have healthy genes and will be loving and devoted parents will be allowed to breed, which is the only thing sex is good for anyway. :twisted: They would require a license and have to pass a series of tests if they truly want to have children. If they failed they would be forced to wear a device that would make unprotected sex extremely unpleasant and painful. :twisted: I would have people who have physically abused other people beaten in prison so that they will feel, perhaps to a smaller degree, the pain, suffering and terror they inflicted on their victims. :evil: I would destroy alcohol and cigarettes and anyone caught swearing would have to pay a fine. :twisted: I would have so-called Hollywood "celebrities" put on a rocketship on a collision course to the sun. :twisted: I would get rid of all the horrible TV commercials and stupid soap operas and awful reality shows. :twisted: And I would have my own private animation studio and make excellent cartoon shows and ban all the stupid cartoons that are on TV now. :P

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 11:01 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

As dictator, I would have anyone who is as permanently-pissed as this fed low dosage happy-pills until they finally calm down.

CobaltBlew
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2010, 7:52 am

I would win them over and turn my land into a stateless society to do this political science will be compolsary from ages 13 to 18.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 10:50 am

richardbenson wrote:
Sand wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
Sand wrote:
richardbenson wrote:
bannish everyone to the moon, leaving me the entire earth for myself. preferably a cold place with lots of mountains and scary animals
That's the most elaborate plan to commit suicide I have ever heard.
maybe i like the simple life, besides men have been living simply longer than than what weve been doing that last thousand years or so
Th last man on Earth? Hell. even you can figure better than that.
i have a feeling if you were the last man on earth you would argue with yourself constintly, making yourself miserable. am i right?

I'm afraid not. I would examine and question everything and try to make my life as interesting and as pleasant as circumstance would allow and I would have no idiots to try to bring to their senses and waste my time but as an Aspie I would have a fine time being alone.

Twyll
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2010, 6:15 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:
Invade Jupiter :pirat:

That conquest would end at the lethal magnetosphere unfortunately. However, the moons of Jupiter would be a lot more feasible and potentially useful.

And what would you use the moons of Jupiter for?

Materials to build an exact replica of earth. next to earth! :wtg:

Last edited by Twyll on 02 Apr 2010, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 6:31 am

Twyll wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Twyll wrote:
Invade Jupiter :pirat:

That conquest would end at the lethal magnetosphere unfortunately. However, the moons of Jupiter would be a lot more feasible and potentially useful.

And what would you use the moons of Jupiter for?

Materials to build and exact replica of earth. next to earth! :wtg:

Since we still have problems launching satellites don't you think shuffling planets around is outside our consideration for a few hundred years?

Last edited by Sand on 02 Apr 2010, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2010, 6:46 am

Sand wrote:

Since we still have problems launching satellites don't you thing shuffling planets around is outside our consideration for a few hundred years?

More like tens of thousands of years, if ever. It takes gravity to move planets and mass is the only way to make a gravitational field. To move a planet we would have to build a massive planet out of small pieces. That would take a long, long time.

ruveyn

Twyll

02 Apr 2010, 11:55 am

ruveyn wrote:
Sand wrote:

Since we still have problems launching satellites don't you thing shuffling planets around is outside our consideration for a few hundred years?

More like tens of thousands of years, if ever. It takes gravity to move planets and mass is the only way to make a gravitational field. To move a planet we would have to build a massive planet out of small pieces. That would take a long, long time.

ruveyn

:( Ruin my plans....

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2010, 1:27 pm

I would return my power to the People and Senate of Rome. Being Dictator is too much like hard work.

omicron
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2010, 7:12 pm

Lets see. Becoming a dictator is easy. Remaining a dictator is hard work. :?

I'll do some eugenics. Breed people to be obedient.
Create a state religion, with me as God-emperor.
Put my clones in all high ranking positions.
Ban random people to concentration camps in Antarctica.
Kill random people.
Nucke each year a city at random.
Torture randomly some of the elites. Yea, i'm not going to kill among the elites. Whats the privilege of being in the elite then?
(all the killing and torture thing is to keep clear at all times hows the boss)
Build some pyramids each year to my glory.

For my familiarly, they will be able to have one million children each, thrue forced invitro pregnancies and some cloning technology, on the population.

For my people, i'll eliminate unemployment. Rest assured, they will always be work for them. 16 hours a day, minimum.

It will be 100% happiness rate, because unhappy people will be mercifully euthanized. Don't you feel very happy alredy? :D

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm

omicron wrote:

Kill random people.
Torture randomly some of the elites. Yea, i'm not going to kill among the elites. Whats the privilege of being in the elite then?

For my familiarly, they will be able to have one million children each, thrue forced invitro pregnancies and some cloning technology, on the population.

For my people, i'll eliminate unemployment. Rest assured, they will always be work for them. 16 hours a day, minimum.

It will be 100% happiness rate, because unhappy people will be mercifully euthanized. Don't you feel very happy alredy? :D

When you are ten years old the problems of the world seem simple and easily solved. At about thirteen or fourteen a certain sophistication develops and if you are lucky it keeps moving in until, with a few people, the capacity for sensible thought takes root. It's a useful tool.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 7:30 pm

Sand wrote:
omicron wrote:

Kill random people.

When you are ten years old the problems of the world seem simple and easily solved. At about thirteen or fourteen a certain sophistication develops and if you are lucky it keeps moving in until, with a few people, the capacity for sensible thought takes root. It's a useful tool.

I'm not sure if thi is so much a matter of poor intellectual sensibility as it is a matter of somebody (if I had to wager, in their early adolescent years) seeking virtual attention.

omicron
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2010, 12:44 pm

i was kidding :roll:

And the thread didn't mention anything about being a benevolent dictator.

omicron
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2010, 1:00 pm

Now, seriously.

Its very important that the population is and feels involved in decision taking. This means direct democracy, under certain conditions. So being a dictator is counter productive, you'll need a secret police to enforce unpopular decisions. For the popular decisions, whats the point of being a dictator then?

I would change the constitution first(direct democracy+republic+protection of minorities+....), then some educational reforms. After a while, downgrade my self to a figure head monarch with advisory powers only. This last one is in contrast to usual figure heads, usually they have less rights then normal citizens, they aren't allowed to speak there minds.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 9:57 pm

omicron wrote:
Now, seriously.

Its very important that the population is and feels involved in decision taking. This means direct democracy, under certain conditions. So being a dictator is counter productive, you'll need a secret police to enforce unpopular decisions. For the popular decisions, whats the point of being a dictator then?

In a society with a population larger than that of an insane asylum, direct democracy is impractical. And besides, it is an open invitation to The Tyranny of the Majority. Think of what happened to poor Socrates in democratic Athens. Sentenced to death by a temporary majority on the Athens city council.

ruveyn