Page 9 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 9:57 pm

omicron wrote:
Now, seriously.

Its very important that the population is and feels involved in decision taking. This means direct democracy, under certain conditions. So being a dictator is counter productive, you'll need a secret police to enforce unpopular decisions. For the popular decisions, whats the point of being a dictator then?

In a society with a population larger than that of an insane asylum, direct democracy is impractical. And besides, it is an open invitation to The Tyranny of the Majority. Think of what happened to poor Socrates in democratic Athens. Sentenced to death by a temporary majority on the Athens city council.

ruveyn

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2010, 7:28 pm

multiSNP wrote:
I would put suicide booths all around the cities and towns. Stepping into one and using it would be completely voluntary. It would also be created to perform it's function in the most humane way possible; what ever that may be uncovered to be. I imagine that after a while people with a naturally low resilience would naturally select themselves out of the population. I think this would lead to a generally healthier and happier society in the long term. This is just one idea out a group that I would like to implement and experiment with. People who have a natural tendency toward reckless behaviour could also be encouraged to lower their numbers naturally as it was before modern technology came along. For example, kids that get their driving licenses for the first time and then immediately go driving at top speeds on the roads thereafter. If they crash their cars and are critically injured, I would like to deny them life saving surgery that is possible with modern techniques. I think it would punish the genetic predisposition to 'push too far'. I know I am giving very isolated examples that could be picked apart, but these are the types of policies and ideas I would like to see pursued in a dictatorship role (a hypothetical one). Perhaps then we could have a world less inclined to breed the types of situations like what happened with Lehman Brothers and so on.

Flame away. :P

Why in the world would you want to weed out those who can't tolerate *this* society? Weed out those who revel in it instead. I thought the point of dictating was to make things better, after all.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2010, 11:52 pm

Outlaw all forms of animal testing and enforce harsher penatlaties for people who abuse animals.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2010, 11:56 pm

start the eggman empire!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 12:28 am

Make it legal for people to have pet tigers and such.

Things such as shock collars, choke chains, cattle prods horse whips, spirs, and bits in bridals would be outlawed period. If you were caught with one in your posession you'd have a lot of explaning to do. Horse and greyhound racing would be held in the same reguard as dachund racing. Animals in circuses would be illegal with the exception of pets who truely loved to perform but the owner would have to move moutnains to prove the animals truely enjoyed it. If someone wanted to be a vet they would only take courses that protained to that feild. Butt kissing courses such as literature and phycology would be elimated unless the student truely wanted to take them and it would be the same for other courses.

Teachers who allowed bullying or engaged in it themselves would be suspended from teaching for LIFE and be in jail for YEARS and there would be such a stigma to them it would be hard for them to find another job when they did get out of jail.

Make crack and pot legal. If people truely want to poison themselves and mess up their bodies, let them. I don't care.

They'd probably overthrow me my first week because I cared more about animals than I did people.

PrisonerZero
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2010, 1:06 am

0. Assemble several 'think tanks' to tackle difficult issues.

1. Reduce world population through nonviolent, reasonably humane means.

2. Invent a clean, safe, and efficient energy source.

3. Start a program to invent/manufacture a nutritious, tasty, environmentally friendly, but most importantly, cheap to produce foodstuff.
That isn't people.

4. Start a program of space colonization : first the inner solar system, later, the outer solar system.

5. (a) Implement an improved system of schooling.
(b) Schooling will be mandatory for all, regardless of age. Those over 18 will attend every other year.

6. Prohibit the practice of all religions. (if possible)

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 1:23 am

Solve this,

PrisonerZero wrote:
1. Reduce world population through nonviolent, reasonably humane means.

With this:
PrisonerZero wrote:
4. Start a program of space colonization : first the inner solar system, later, the outer solar system.

PrisonerZero wrote:

Only if the worldview known as Atheism is classified as a religion, otherwise, shut the fart up.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 1:24 am

Eggman wrote:
start the eggman empire!

A high wall needs to be build.

PrisonerZero
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2010, 1:56 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
PrisonerZero wrote:

Only if the worldview known as Atheism is classified as a religion, otherwise, shut the fart up.

It's not.

How many (well known) Atheists have been murderers, thieves, rapists?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 2:53 am

PrisonerZero wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
PrisonerZero wrote:

It's not.

How many (well known) Atheists have been murderers, thieves, rapists?

Dahmer, Stalin, Kim Jong-il, Mao Tse-tung,

"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what’s the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing…"

-Jeffrey Dahmer, Dateline NBC, Nov. 29, 1994.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 3:23 am

PrisonerZero wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
PrisonerZero wrote:

It's not.

If it's not to be classified as a religion, then shut up. If it is to be classified as a religion, then go ahead and kill both atheists and non-atheists, everyone. Otherwise you just want another crappy publicly atheistic nation like those attempted in the 1900's.

omicron
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2010, 9:07 am

The church of satan is a religion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_satan

You have problems with
neopaganism?
Boudism?
Shintoism?
Taoism?
animism?

Please don't do an amalgam of religions=christianity or islam .

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2010, 2:47 pm

omicron wrote:
The church of satan is a religion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_satan

You have problems with
neopaganism?
Boudism?
Shintoism?
Taoism?
animism?

Please don't do an amalgam of religions=christianity or islam .

Whom are you asking about this?

PrisonerZero
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Apr 2010, 6:28 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Dahmer, Stalin, Kim Jong-il, Mao Tse-tung,

"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what’s the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That’s how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing…"

-Jeffrey Dahmer, Dateline NBC, Nov. 29, 1994.

Only four? That's all you could come up with?

I think this proves my point.

Also, Dahmer was insane. Do you think that if he were a christian he wouldn't have been a serial killer?

PrisonerZero wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
PrisonerZero wrote:

It's not.

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
If it's not to be classified as a religion, then shut up.

Why should I? I have as much right to speak as you, don't I?

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
If it is to be classified as a religion, then go ahead and kill both atheists and non-atheists, everyone. Otherwise you just want another crappy publicly atheistic nation like those attempted in the 1900's.

Calm down.

Take a few deep breaths. Talk to your god if it makes you feel better.