Do you like buying cheap quality clothes from sales...

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Chief__
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2009, 10:43 am

..and having all sports brands?I like to have everything from Kappa to Fila to Nike to Adidas to Reebok to Puma to Umbro to Diadora to Lotto to Lonsdale....etc...

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 10:47 am

Well yeah I like a lot of thrift clothes. I'm very particular. With clothes certain shirts and pants and thermals sooth me. I find myself wearing certain things to death.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 11:23 am

My daughter has been shopping Goodwill and other thrift stores for years. I never really understood why until lately, when she told me that she knew that I would never buy her brand-name clothes (too expensive, and cheaper stuff is just as good), so she learned quickly that she could get brand-name clothes at Goodwill for a fraction of the cost, and I would be ok with that. NOW she has found that she can get much more for her money at Goodwill, and it's just as good as everybody else's clothes.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 1:32 pm

Haha. You lost me at "Nike"

In any case, yes. I shop at St. Vincent's because of their surplus of over sized sweaters. I hate wearing tight, attention drawing clothes, plus I don't like to waste money on clothing... But more often then not, I like to just raid my Father's closet and wear his dress shirts (Which I insist on calling "blouses" for humor's sake). Comfy is my middle name.

kingtut3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2009, 1:35 pm

I love shopping for clothes at goodwill. If I can't find what I need at a thrift store, I go to somehwere inexpensive, like Walmart.

orngjce223
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2009, 1:39 pm

Sports brands are very careful about making comfortable and functional clothes. :P I'm not surprised, I gravitate towards 'em too.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 2:08 pm

No, I buy my clothes brand new from either Wal-Mart or J.C. Penney.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Chief__
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2009, 2:58 pm

well i am not talking about used clothes but BRAND NEW clothes but cheap from stores like sportsdirect in europe...cheap quality ones from lets say 70% discount...

instead of buying the top famous brands like nike or adidas or puma i like buying high quality lower status brands like fila,kappa,diadora,lonsdale,lotto,umbro,asics....

Stereokid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2009, 9:10 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Two words for you, Tim: Walmart Sucks!

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 9:56 pm

I like buying clothes from whereever you can get a discount. I dont care where as long as I like it and it falls within a certain price range I buy the item. I've gone thift store shopping a few times. In these cases you have to look closely find what you want. Overall I mostly buy brand new clothes that are within reasonable price. I really like the current after Christmas sales going on, so much stuff is marked down.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 10:43 pm

When I was a teenager, one of my Major Obsessions became collecting things from thrift stores, and I had a ritual built around walking to one for exercise whenever I had an evening to myself.
I amassed an enormous collection of vintage hats that completely overtook my room.

Everything I buy is from the thrift store. I find wonderful, awesome, one-of-kind homemade wonderments and vintage stuff and old army surplus clothes....etc....
(not to mention my gigantic raggedy ann collection)
Right now I am wearing a wool navy jacket, ..no-name but very comfy and utilitarian black stretchy denim jeans...a long dark brown jersey shirt that I screened myself...that has camouflage sleeves, and is made out of some odd incredibly lightweight but sturdy fabric, and purple doc Martins....all from various thrift stores...and I generally remember what came from where...it is a cooincidence that I happen to be wearing the socks my parents gave me last Christmas, which are the only things I am wearing that happened to come from a retail store...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 11:13 pm

Stereokid wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Two words for you, Tim: Walmart Sucks!

I only buy clothes once every 3-4 years, though.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 1:52 am

I suffer from clothing overpopulation because I have so much interesting and unusual stuff that I can't bear to part with.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 1:29 pm

I usualy always obtain the majority of my clothes second hand. I think it's rediculos to send fifty dollars or more on a single pair of pants when I can get a pair for a buck or less at the thrift shop. I only buy clothes new if they have something to do with my special intrests. Such as Invader Zim T-shirts from Hot Topic or a animal one from a zoo or aquarium.