Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

30 Dec 2009, 4:14 pm

There is a new snow tire commercial out that makes my skin crawl. Sticky things are one of my hated sensations and this commercial shows them (with sound) CLOSE UP!! ! In the slideshow leading up to the tires sticking to the ground there are shots of velcro peeling, sticky hands peeling apart, band-aids peeling off, etc...ugh!! !

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Kaysea
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 6:06 pm

Your mere description makes my skin crawl.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 7:14 pm

OMFG STICKY HANDS
Hair gel on hands is just :wall: especially when you get all fluff on your hands and it's not only sticky but bitty.
But I seem to both hate it and like it for some crazy reason, wtf. I'll mess around with a sticker for ages but still not like the sticky hands. :?

That advert doesn't sound too bad btw, as long as I'm not the one with the sticky hands.

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2009, 9:27 pm

This brings to my mind something that I feel is very important. I want all beer and soft drink companies to stop including certain sounds from their commercials, both radio and television. These sounds include the sound of a drink being loudly poured, and the sound of that long sigh that someone makes after they take a swig. I'm positive that these sounds are deliberately amplified to sell their product, but I absolutely cannot stand them, and I will attempt to change the station immediately if I know it's coming.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 2:40 am

Following what steelback said, I'd love for them to put an end to commercials that feature dogs eating. I can't stand chewing/licking noises, and I remember a particularly unpleasant few weeks when I was watching a serial show on one channel and every single commercial break there was this one commercial that had a dog eating food for the entire duration of the ad. It literally made my skin crawl and I always had to scramble to try and change the channel quickly - sadly my intense interest in the show and my poor short term memory caused me to forget to plan ahead and keep the remote nearby for the commercial breaks so it inevitably got lost in the cracks of my couch. A few times when I knew it was deeply buried somewhere I actually just ran across the room to shut off the television.