Getting " affected " by colors in comic books...

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 10:44 pm

...or magazine photos , repros of paintings , maybe , whatever .
Comics' colors , sometimes , especially around the green/purple/pink/blue end of the spectrum , sometimes give me...a little twinge .
Sort of in my head , maybe my heart .
Maybe this is like what people describe as " synthenasia " but I dn't taste or smell things...

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2009, 10:53 pm

I like comics and advertisements where the colored pixels are large and exaggerated like in your avatar. Something about them that's very nostalgic, romantic, and comforting...

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 12:04 am

ASS-P wrote:
Comics' colors , sometimes , especially around the green/purple/pink/blue end of the spectrum , sometimes give me...a little twinge .
Maybe this is like what people describe as " synthenasia " but I dn't taste or smell things...

I know what you mean. Where I work, we have fluorescent yellow and green separator sheets for the microfilm machine. They are striped with black in the upper right hand corner and that combination just dances and vibrates in my sight. They found me some white and black separator sheets that only quivers and jumps a little.

I used to think that everybody saw things like that.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2009, 2:45 am

I'm not saying that it is, but it could sound as a seizure...

prism_tail_rainbows
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Dec 2009, 3:53 pm

ASS-P wrote:

synesthesia is the overlapping relationship of two or more senses (such as sound and sight, or sound and taste) or the automatic relation of graphemes (letters/numbers) with colors or personalities. if you were synesthetic, the sight of certain colors might trigger a subtle physical sensation--what you described is more like mental/emotional stimulation. but i could be wrong.

synesthesia is actually somewhat common amongst people on the spectrum; for instance i possess grapheme-->color synesthesia and sound-->sight synesthesia. there are a LOT of different brands of synesthesia, though, some of which may not have been reported yet. it's a confusing diagnosis, and you may have something of the sort.

saintetienne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2009, 4:00 pm

TheSpecialKid wrote:
I'm not saying that it is, but it could sound as a seizure...

agree

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2009, 9:32 pm

I generally read manga, but I do like the louder colours in comic printing.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)