Capital Punishment, what are your views on it?

Page 9 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 7:12 pm

Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
digger1 wrote:
opposed to it. I'm all for rehabilitation.

Sadly, it has been well-established that rehabilitation does not work for the vast majority of prison inmates. They just use the rehab system to get stuff they shouldn't have so prison life is more comfortable.

Only someone who wants to change their life for the better can be helped. Most criminals have no intention of changing for anyone.

That kind of generalization, of course, requires extensive information and research back-up.

It's been done.

Find and read, Games Criminals Play and Inside the Criminal Mind.

You have any links?

Here's a good link for starters:

www.google.com ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Ga ... 5&ie=UTF-8

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 8:20 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
digger1 wrote:

Sadly, it has been well-established that rehabilitation does not work for the vast majority of prison inmates. They just use the rehab system to get stuff they shouldn't have so prison life is more comfortable.

Only someone who wants to change their life for the better can be helped. Most criminals have no intention of changing for anyone.

That kind of generalization, of course, requires extensive information and research back-up.

It's been done.

You have any links?

www.google.com ...

Thanks for what you conceive as the effort. As usual the quality is somewhat below par.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 8:37 pm

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
digger1 wrote:

It's been done.

You have any links?

www.google.com ...

Thanks for what you conceive as the effort. As usual the quality is somewhat below par.

Why should others make an effort for you? This was a hint to search things out for yourself.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 10:09 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
digger1 wrote:

It's been done.

You have any links?

www.google.com ...

Why should others make an effort for you? This was a hint to search things out for yourself.

Obviously you have no worthwhile source of information to offer and are not civil enough to be helpful and are eager to display your ignorance. I appreciate the open insight into your character.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2010, 11:14 pm

I think what is obvious is that there are people - many criminals included - who really have taken on a very vile, narcissistic, and base view of their fellow man where kindness of any sort is weakness.

Here's something at least on self-esteem, which when the prison study comes up I think its point on in where many are coming from:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 194521.DTL

I don't know if that's in debate at all - though I have to agree with what skepticism people have that therapy can really do much? Aside from putting their ego in check in such a way as to make the Abu Ghraib guards feel jealous - I don't know if the Geneva Convention offers 'therapy' that much breathing room, instituting a medicine or one-time therapy that gives them severe social anxiety or feelings of worthlessness would probably be even a harder sell than just domination and mindbreaking through the former external means. Unless anyone really has some great cards up their sleeve, I think this means that - regardless of what we decide in the end on the value of life and how this should extend to them, if they aren't dying in the chair, chamber, or on the injection table - their cell or a prison hospital is a practical given.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 1:07 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
digger1 wrote:

It's been done.

You have any links?

www.google.com ...

Obviously you have no worthwhile source of information to offer and are not civil enough to be helpful and are eager to display your ignorance. I appreciate the open insight into your character.

The first two links on the google search are links to the books on amazon. Do. Some. Of. Your. Own. Work.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 1:25 am

i am against capital punishment.
that is why i never use them in my sentences.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 1:47 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Sand wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
digger1 wrote:

It's been done.

You have any links?

www.google.com ...

The first two links on the google search are links to the books on amazon. Do. Some. Of. Your. Own. Work.

When a proposal is made it is not unreasonable to ask for solid backup. If that is not offered then the proposal can be disregarded. It is not up to me to research offered opinions. If you are not aware of the elements of discussion it is about time you became acquainted with them.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 1:59 am

Sand wrote:
When a proposal is made it is not unreasonable to ask for solid backup. If that is not offered then the proposal can be disregarded. It is not up to me to research offered opinions. If you are not aware of the elements of discussion it is about time you became acquainted with them.

Zer0netgain referred to titles of books by saying, "Find and read, Games Criminals Play and Inside the Criminal Mind."

These have been hyperlinked for your lackadaisical convenience.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 2:05 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:

Zer0netgain referred to titles of books by saying, "Find and read, Games Criminals Play and Inside the Criminal Mind."

When requesting specific statistical information it is not helpful to be pointed to an encyclopedia, a library or several volumes of literature. The responsibility for specific backup lies directly with the proposer.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 2:12 am

Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:

When requesting specific statistical information it is not helpful to be pointed to an encyclopedia, a library or several volumes of literature. The responsibility for specific backup lies directly with the proposer.

Ah, more arbitrarily invented rules for the purpose of convenience and continued laziness.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 2:27 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Sand wrote:

Ah, more arbitrarily invented rules for the purpose of convenience and continued laziness.

As I remarked, your evident ignorance of the basic courtesies of discussion has diverted you into insult rather than considerate comprehension. It's a common psychological failing so don't feel too bad about it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 12:18 pm

b9 wrote:
i am against capital punishment.
that is why i never use them in my sentences.

PROBABLY GOOD THAT YOU STAYED OUT OF THE MILITARY - THEY REQUEST THAT ANYTHING YOU HAND WRITE LOOKS LIKE THIS FOR LEGIBILITY PURPOSES.