Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MJackson
Raven
Raven

01 Jan 2010, 9:23 pm

There are girls in my class who are underage as in 17 and 18 and they always talk about drinking and partying. I don't care what they do, but it's really annoying how they make a big deal out of it. I've never been into drugs and alcohol, even when I did party a lot back in 8th grade and freshman year. I've never done that stuff. Idk why, i just don't like it. But I used to go to teen clubs and house parties all the time, and I would dress up a certain way that wasn't me.
I could never relax at those things all I did was worry about what girl to dance with or how I look. I did get a lot of numbers and dances, and I also got turned down a lot..no big deal. sometimes girls would even ask me to dance.
The big deal is that I wasn't being myself. I was being someone that I wasn't. I was dressing thuggish and trying to be cool. There's nothing wrong with being cool, but I talked in ways that weren't just me.
There were too many lights, dancing and people putting on a front (a false personality)...kinda like I was. There's too much tension and competition so I finally stopped going.
Now there are all these goody good girls who's parents have them on lockdown all day and now they are getting ready to go off to college. One girl's parents let her drink so she threw a party and invited her friends and some other people. Basically everyone was invited. But they make a big deal outta drinking and stuff, and even my friend said so as well. I don't like all of that.
So yesterday my brothers go out to clubs (such as Stoudemires) to bring in the new years and my moms bf acts like I'm kinda weird cuz I don't like going.
I dont like going because they are much for me. Too much action, noise, drunk people, and I don't have any money anyways. and the girls always get in like 10-15 dollars less which is bullcrap.
It's like men go to clubs to get laid, and girls go there to get attention and have fun. Men don't even like doing it, besides getting drunk.
Idk...Im afraid of going to college which is right by all that stuff. I just wanna be me, and not go to clubs, but still have sum good friends to just hang out with.

Aietra
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2010, 11:39 pm

I can COMPLETELY relate to what you're saying there! Can't stand it myself either - and I was never so good at putting on a front, so I always ended up sitting in a corner reading a book about the functional anatomy of budgies or something of the sort on the rare occasions I went to those sorts of things. Didn't go to any New Years things myself - just stayed at home and played with my iPhone - and had a perfectly good time in my own way.

When I was getting ready to go to university, I was apprehensive for the same reason as you - but it actually turned out to be O.K. At university, you have a lot more independence, and people just leave you to do your own thing really. They'll probably figure pretty quick you don't like going to these things - but be honest! Don't pretend to for a while then admit you don't, because you'll keep getting invited to them. Parties aren't by any means the be-all and end-all of university. Go and enjoy the pleasure of studying what you want, and relax! Be yourself, and you'll actually be fine! Trust me - been there, done that.

:)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 11:40 pm

I have no interest in doing it.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Captain_Kirk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jan 2010, 12:17 am

Welcome to the world of NTs. Drinking = cool. Smoking weed = cool. Being someone you aren't = cool. Getting laid, or at least acting like you do = cool.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jan 2010, 12:23 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

I'd have to agree. In middle school and the time I've spent in High School, I did all I could to avoid parties. The only time I drink is at home, in peace were I don't have to get involved with other people.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 1:16 am

Elementary_Physics wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I'd have to agree. In middle school and the time I've spent in High School, I did all I could to avoid parties. The only time I drink is at home, in peace were I don't have to get involved with other people.

I don't drink at all.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

MJackson
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2010, 1:24 am

My dad tells me that I meet women like that, but I have better things to focus on. I don't have money, and if I did I wouldn't go to a club and spend it, or spend it on some girl.

Last edited by MJackson on 02 Jan 2010, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 1:31 am

Captain_Kirk wrote:
Welcome to the world of NTs. Drinking = cool. Smoking weed = cool. Being someone you aren't = cool. Getting laid, or at least acting like you do = cool.

I'm NT and I'm bored of clubbing and that whole scene. I prefer a cozy night at home with a good film.

I do like alcohol though :D

MJackson
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2010, 1:43 am

I wouldn't say that I loved it, but I got addicted to it, all I wanted to do is find when the next party was. All it was was popular kids and stuff. The only time I'd club is if I'm performing, or somebody really begged me to come..

Just think about it, you're in a hot ass small room with a bunch of people with music and lights...what does it do for you?

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 1:46 am

Sometimes it's quite amazing to feel a part of a one big heaving whole moving in time to a rhythm. I quite like the lights that make you feel as if you're in slo-mo.

MJackson
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2010, 1:49 am

Oh...snazzlestick, that's interesting, you're neurotypical, who in you family has Asperger's?

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 1:51 am

No one.

I just like Aspies :)

MJackson
Raven
Raven

02 Jan 2010, 1:53 am

Oh well welcome, do u feel a sense of connection with us?

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 1:57 am

I do 8)

Shiznown
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2010, 12:44 pm

MJackson wrote:
My dad tells me that I meet women like that, but I have better things to focus on. I don't have money, and if I did I wouldn't go to a club and spend it, or spend it on some girl.

No you don't meet women that way. You meet alcoholic immature whores that way. This is the whole reason why I'm single now. All anyone cares about in this area, even the older generation is drinking and smoking. I HATE BALTIMORE, and I can't wait to move out. I want a nice girlfriend, but odds are I'm not going to find one here. 99.9% of the people here smoke. You can usually tell who smokes, just from the cloths they wear. You see a guy in a ravens jersey and ravens hat and you instantly know they smoke. They might as well sell cigarettes with the Ravens jerseys.

FreeSpirit2000
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jan 2010, 3:42 am

Come on guys, I am AS myself and I like to enjoy these kinds of things. I like to go hit up bars, clubs, and that kind of stuff and it is a fun place to hang out and meet people if you ask me. I guess I am a very rare case here, I have party animal instincts, what can I say, lollll :D